Carbon removal from piston

Been in your shoes. If you're not in a hurry find some non-synthetic ATF and mix it 50/50 with seafoam. Put it all in a metal container, cover and find something else to do go at least a week or two. Other than a little discoloration it works over time. Soda blasting might remove heavy deposits, but if not backing after the black stuff is gone it will affect the metal some.
What bike is the engine out of?
Yo Bone...............what flavor snake oil sea foam would you suggest?
Looks like there is motor oil treatment and injector treatment to name 2
Thanks

Ok, ok.................I'll cave for the Seafoam and give it a chance. Never had confidence in it. Always seemed like a multi million dollar snake oil scheme to me.
I once felt the same way about SF.
My 2006 motorcycle sat for almost 2 years during covid. I fired it up this last Spring and it wouldn't idle even with new gas, unless I had the choke on almost full. I went through the whole tank like that.
I caved. I bought SF and tossed in "double" the amount recommended.
After about 50 miles (a gallon or so) the bike idled again just fine. It starts easier now also.

OK...SeafFoam. I was with you for it being snake oil. Never believed in "Tune-up" in a can...

I have a 2019 Harley CVO and after about a year of ownership (bought it new) got a cam job and honest to goodness dyno tune and it runs like a raped ape, but...I bore-scoped the cylinders and found plenty of carbon to the piston tops. I re-routed the crankcase breather to a catch can and decided to try SeaFoam in the gas...

Lemme tell you, this is how it went...'scoped the cylinders and documented the carbon, full tank of gas and several ounces of SeaFoam, did a 300 mile run...pretty hard run...came back and 'scoped the cylinders again and the frigg'n carbon was NEGLIGIBLE! And this was about 10k miles ago.

Made me a believer because I DOCUMENTED IT. No *******t...I don't add it very often but it gets it every tank or so.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!

OK...SeafFoam. I was with you for it being snake oil. Never believed in "Tune-up" in a can...

I have a 2019 Harley CVO and after about a year of ownership (bought it new) got a cam job and honest to goodness dyno tune and it runs like a raped ape, but...I bore-scoped the cylinders and found plenty of carbon to the piston tops. I re-routed the crankcase breather to a catch can and decided to try SeaFoam in the gas...

Lemme tell you, this is how it went...'scoped the cylinders and documented the carbon, full tank of gas and several ounces of SeaFoam, did a 300 mile run...pretty hard run...came back and 'scoped the cylinders again and the frigg'n carbon was NEGLIGIBLE! And this was about 10k miles ago.

Made me a believer because I DOCUMENTED IT. No *******t...I don't add it very often but it gets it every tank or so.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!
The pistons have been sittin in a can of diesel for daze with zero change to the carbon. Currently and in my narrow minded world, sea foam is in the same category as; UFO's and aliens, voodoo, Sasquatch, virgin births, time travel and those guys who traveled the country in 1800's selling some sort of an elixir..................
WIth nothing to lose but a couple of $$$$ I'm a gonna give seafoam a chance. I'll report back hopefully to eat my words. Thanks everybody!

Back