Enco 92010 change gear help

Morning Harry,
I tried WD40 to free it up and no joy. The tag next to the lever indicates that it should move in and out. I soaked it again and hoping for better results today
Yes it will move in and out, But not without holding it to the left or the right, There is a little notch behind it that locates whether it can be pulled up for longitudinal feed or pushed down for crossfeeds. If the lathe is not running you will need to grab a hold of the handwheel and traverse the carriage by hand until it pops into gear. Same with the cross-slide, Once in awhile they are lined up to engage with nothing turning, But not usually.

In your pic the lever is centered, It will not engage with it centered.

Yes it will move in and out, But not without holding it to the left or the right, There is a little notch behind it that locates whether it can be pulled up for longitudinal feed or pushed down for crossfeeds. If the lathe is not running you will need to grab a hold of the handwheel and traverse the carriage by hand until it pops into gear. Same with the cross-slide, Once in awhile they are lined up to engage with nothing turning, But not usually.

In your pic the lever is centered, It will not engage with it centered.
I was just playing with the lathe at work and discovered this too so maybe I can actually use it tonight

Morning Harry,
I tried WD40 to free it up and no joy. The tag next to the lever indicates that it should move in and out. I soaked it again and hoping for better results today
On my Griz G4003G it's up and to the left for long feed and down and to the right for cross feed. The feed rod has to be turning while you shift the feeds or it'll jam if the gears are not lined up. sometimes it takes a few seconds for the gears to line up and have it go in especially at slow spindle speeds. I just keep jiggling it until it goes in. If it's truly jammed from an internal problem you'll have to take the apron off the saddle to look at the back and/or inside. I had to do this on my lathe to replace a bent shaft (crash) when I was a rank newbie and it was easy to figure out what was going on in there and what had to be replaced. The apron does a lot with relatively few parts. It's a marvel of engineering

On my Griz G4003G it's up and to the left for long feed and down and to the right for cross feed. The feed rod has to be turning while you shift the feeds or it'll jam if the gears are not lined up. sometimes it takes a few seconds for the gears to line up and have it go in especially at slow spindle speeds. I just keep jiggling it until it goes in. If it's truly jammed from an internal problem you'll have to take the apron off the saddle to look at the back and/or inside. I had to do this on my lathe to replace a bent shaft (crash) when I was a rank newbie and it was easy to figure out what was going on in there and what had to be replaced. The apron does a lot with relatively few parts. It's a marvel of engineering
Thank you for your input. I'm hoping I will be able to use this with the regular feed shaft

Thank you for your input. I'm hoping I will be able to use this with the regular feed shaft
If there is a problem with your apron, I believe I have the parts from an old lathe that I took apart a long time ago and it's stored out in my container.

One thing I forgot to mention, If your half nut lever, (Threading Lever) Is even down just a little bit, It will prevent the feed from being engaged. This is known as a "Lock-out Feature"

Make sure the half nut lever is all the way up.

Back