Enco 92010 change gear help

The lathes that use the leadscrew for both turning and threading have a slot in the screw with a sliding key in it. This key engages the extra stage of worm gearing in the apron to slow down the feed for turning.
Better ones, yes, but not all, sadly. The infamous chinesium mini-lathes (aka Lathe-Shaped Objects) don't do that.

This Old Tony has a good video on his LSO and the limitations of the feed rates it comes with. It's pretty grim, but his bottom line is yes, it's worth buying if that's all the lathe you can afford, i.e. better than no lathe. But I'm not so sure — one of his plastic gears cracked during the very first little test cut he made. Pretty pitiful.

I found that the left lever works fine for the cross feed but won't acuate the longitudinal feed. It looks like I need to take apart to see what the p[roblem is
Did you try pushing the lever all the way over to the left and then pull up while the lathe is running. Also there is a lever just above your gear box to the right that controls either the feed rod for feeding or the leadscrew for threading. The feed rod is just a round rod with no threads below the leadscrew, Make sure you have that lever in the right position so that the feed rod is turning.

You have the feed lever pushed all the way to the right in the pic which is correct for the crossfeed if you push down on it. Pull the lever to the left and pull up on it while holding it to the left wile its running.

Did you try pushing the lever all the way over to the left and then pull up while the lathe is running. Also there is a lever just above your gear box to the right that controls either the feed rod for feeding or the leadscrew for threading. The feed rod is just a round rod with no threads below the leadscrew, Make sure you have that lever in the right position so that the feed rod is turning.
The feed rod is running. The lever seems to be hanging up because it doesn't want to move left or right.

The feed rod is running. The lever seems to be hanging up because it doesn't want to move left or right.
spray it with some wd or something, jiggle it up and down while moving it left to right. If the cross feed is working then the longitudinal should also be working.

You see that round shaft on the front of the block? Spray that, It has to move back and forth to change from one feed to the other. It's probably gummed up. There should also be a ball oiler on top of the block to push some ISO 68 oil into so that it will move freely.

You see that round shaft on the front of the block? Spray that, It has to move back and forth to change from one feed to the other. It's probably gummed up. There should also be a ball oiler on top of the block to push some ISO 68 oil into so that it will move freely.
Thank you sir I will try that

Thank you @Harry Knutz , vintageracer 31 for posting and all that have contributed. I have a 92020 which I know nothing about and bought from an estate that knew even less . Thanks to this thread and a few others I have learned a bunch and finding that I'm missing items.

I really appreciate those that are willing to help us beginners.

Morning Harry,
I tried WD40 to free it up and no joy. The tag next to the lever indicates that it should move in and out. I soaked it again and hoping for better results today

Back