Home Shop Sound Systems

coolidge

Active User
Registered
What is everyone using for music in your home shop? After wanting to drop kick my little ipod/speaker setup out of the garage well...I may have over reacted. lol

Source - iTunes
Speakers - pair of KRK Rokit 5's
Sub - KRK 10s (ah...yeah adjusting the volume of this sub above 1 is unwise)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use a white 15 year old clock radio. Everytime I touch it it gets dirtier and you have to pound it with your fist for it to actually turn off, but it works :)

Lol. I've got my old iPad on a magnetic mount on wall above the bench, to a 36" Bluetooth soundbar and pandora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one of those cheap boom box type things laying around. Slapped the speakers up w some brackets and it works fine for listening to talk radio or sometimes stream spotify thru the ipad or phone.
5907389ce7271726fc547d361127d421.jpg
d9de854a9fbace785580a597b7e0e3b4.jpg

A boom box that my wife found at her work around 15 years ago. Sounds great. Still has Care Bear decals all over it.

I pretty much entertain myself.... music distracts me and half the time i can't really hear it because I'm making too much damn noise with what I'm doing. I use my ears as much as the rest of my senses when I'm working, especially with power tools. Silence is golden!

mine is an old laptop running a computer sub woofer system with amplifier pouring into 4 what were quality old stereo speakers.
All music is mp3 format with a collection of playlist mixes for whatever mood I want.
I use VLC media player for their equaliser to set the sound to compensate for my hearing frequency deficiencies.:blues:

Old Samsung andriod phone connected to some PC speakers. The phone runs DAAPD app to stream music from my pc which serves up the the entire music collection.

32" Samsung TV mounted up on the wall:

old Panasonic "theater in a box" sound system that does DVD/CD/TV/radio/iPod:

cn-1001d.jpg

and my dads old Kenwood r-2000 am short wave when I feel like listening to Australia/Scotland/European/Cuban/etc stations.

r2000.jpg

I would think like most guys, all my shop entertainmemt is leftover/repurposed stuff. The TV is from our RV (while it is kept in storage), sound system is from a time when our budget wouldn't support a big/nice/quality home stereo and my dad's shortwave is inherited (couldn't bring myself to toss it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back