Joining the Takisawa club!!

Hi Jeff,

Is the question 'What is the oil flow in this thing?' ?

Ray

I will look tonight - everything is still apart and on a bench... should be easy

Hi Jeff,

It forces oil to the back of the saddle to lube the rear way.

IMG_2451.JPGIMG_2451.JPGIMG_2447.JPGIMG_2449.JPGIMG_2448.JPGIMG_2450.JPG

Thanks Ray. How does it get to the saddle? On mine there's no hole between the mount bolts that line up with that oil line on the apron?
65df954b9781340cff29672168e25c29.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

BTW Jeff,

Someone had yours apart at some time

Ray
You think so? Wouldn't surprise me on such an old machine. I saw the blue sealant on your pics from your web link and was thinking the same on yours lol!

Have you thought about what you will use to seal it all back up? I was just planning on using seal a gasket type material.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I sometimes use Permatex 85224 for gaskets - oil / heat / gas does not phase it...

WRT oil passages - there is a locating pin on one side and the hole I marked which is where the oil goes. It will lubricate the front and rear ways. I verified this by putting an air line up against the 'in' and could feel air in the 'out'

Ray

IMG_2459.JPG

I sometimes use Permatex 85224 for gaskets - oil / heat / gas does not phase it...

WRT oil passages - there is a locating pin on one side and the hole I marked which is where the oil goes. It will lubricate the front and rear ways. I verified this by putting an air line up against the 'in' and could feel air in the 'out'

Ray

View attachment 305360
Thanks Ray. Weird..mine doesn't have a hole there. Makes sense for it to be there. Maybe Mine is the Winchester mansion stairs to nowhere lathe cause my oiler just hits the wall. Lol. Or maybe Mine was more of a budget lathe, like it is only a single speed motor. Who knows. Guess ill pull the carriage and take a look.

Jeff

Attachments

• 1106191936_HDR.jpg
    1106191936_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Back