Just came to crab about youtube

Yes , living and building . Girl in the Woods is a good one I follow . I get inspired watching hers and others for the property in the mountains . 2 beers later those inpirations go out the window . :rolleyes:
Have you watched Scott Turner as he and his wife build off the grid in Aus?

Have you watched Scott Turner as he and his wife build off the grid in Aus?
I most likely have . When I was working 13 hours a night , I had YouTube running the entire time . Got to watch what came up when I wasn't out in the plant looking for trouble .

I'm off of Piseco-Pawley Rd up in the Adirondacks . 21 mile dirt road following a river the entire way . 4 wheeling and snow mobilers are the norm with 20 or so free campsites on the river . Hundreds of videos on the tube and many blogs as well .

I don't mind the suggested videos so much as the nonsensical ad selection. In what world is somebody who watches a Black Sabbath or Judas Priest video going to be interested in a commercial featuring Justin Bieber?

No, just no. :burned up:

Search for a topic that interests you, and watch a couple of the videos all the way to the end. Even if they suck, watch them.
You'll now be cluttered with related videos.
The algo doesn't seem to care what you search for. It's what you watch that they count. I could be wrong, but I'm very careful to skip out of anything that I don't want to be deluged with.

I'm pretty sure that is how this works. Also anything you've said near your phone. Amazing how often I mention something and then I'm getting Youtube videos related to that, and my Amazon feed has similar items on my front page...

Usually doesn't bug me too much, as I was looking for similar and sometimes actually works out well. I have lots of machinist video creators saved, but have been getting back into woodworking and from watching a few videos related to that have now been introduced to a lot of wood working related youtubers I was unaware of.

Actually I like cat videos sometimes. Just can't take a steady diet of them; I already have two real live cats

The other day YT suggested a video of a cat squeezing out of a tunnel on a model railroad layout. It was pretty funny, but now my feed is flooded with cats on model train layout videos. Actually not complaining about that. :grin:

I use firefox for watching youtube vids. no adds.
bit of a hassle a while ago but its settled down now.

YouTube used to be filled with great, informative content. That content is still there, but unfortunately, it has been covered up, blanketed if you will, by clickbait crap. It is maddening.
As others have said, the "most dangerous, craziest, best, worst" or any other adjective is a waste of time.

How does that work? I watch on Firefox, too, but the videos still contain ads.

AddBlockPlus is working well for me to block Youtube adds. Also had it's issues but this seemed to have cleared up a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I don't think anything will block the embedded sponsor adds by the creators themselves, but generally they are easy to fast forward through and only a few content providers have them.

AddBlockPlus is working well for me to block Youtube adds. Also had it's issues but this seemed to have cleared up a couple of weeks ago. Of course, I don't think anything will block the embedded sponsor adds by the creators themselves, but generally they are easy to fast forward through and only a few content providers have them.
Interesting, I used to use AddBlockPlus, but I remember uninstalling it due to compatibility issues. I am currently using uBlock Origin.
Also, you can't fast-forward through embedded sponsor ads. At least that is my experience.

Back