Oscillating tool

I have a HF one that’s the cats meow for cutting stuff in hard to get to places. Makes things that were a royal pita before practically easy. Highly recommend, even the cheap ones seem to work great and they all take the same blades I think.

John

I got a HF one for my Dad like 10yrs ago and was totally skeptical. It was just the thing for cutting wood and metal( with the right blade) in super tight places nothing else will fit. Used it once and was sold then got my own. Was just the ticket for getting old over glued vinyl flooring. Saved my bacon many times. As usual the HF blades were junk. Bought some Bosch blades and been in biz ever since. There are some difference in some makes and won’t fit.

I first saw a oscillating tool being used by our house contractor. He was trimming the bottom trim on a door frame. It looked so useful that I got my own at HF, and I've used it for all sorts of things. It really is indispensable for some jobs. I cut a large hole in the bottom of a cabinet over the stove so I could install a microwave-hood (for the exhaust) and it worked a treat.

Another HF owner here. I let my air conditioning guy use it when he was installing the mini-split in my shop and all seasons room. The next day he had a Milwaukee to match the batteries he already had. In two days he went from not knowing about them to it being his favorite tool.

I bought a chicom one from the Baumarkt in Germany that I used to strip the undercoating off of a project car, worked better than anything I've tried. I gave it away when I left, and missed it so much I bought a Bosch cordless. I wish I had it when I restored my lathe, it's got a number of advantages over a needle scaler for blowing through old paint and stuff. Very useful tools!

I got a HF one for my Dad like 10yrs ago and was totally skeptical. It was just the thing for cutting wood and metal( with the right blade) in super tight places nothing else will fit. Used it once and was sold then got my own. Was just the ticket for getting old over glued vinyl flooring. Saved my bacon many times. As usual the HF blades were junk. Bought some Bosch blades and been in biz ever since. There are some difference in some makes and won’t fit.
10 years ago, I thought they were just around 2-3 years.

Back