Oscillating tool

Anyone tried the Makita cordless? I have a corded Bosch that works that does the job but I don’t really like the cord and blade clamp.

So I’m looking for encouragement to buy a tool I don’t really need.
I have the makita cordless, I only got because it came in a set that I wanted the other tools, but then out of the blue came an ideal job. I was so glad that I had it, now it's one of my fave's.

I have a couple. One a Porter cable corded tool that I picked up at a garage sale, and cordless ridgid one that came in a 9 piece set I bought last Black Friday sale.

I was starting to invest in ridgid batteries and battery adapters to work with all my other older cordless tools that needed batteries replaced, and after a while decided to just buy a new set of Ridgid brand tools to avoid having to use the adapters all the time. They worked, but did add some extra awkwardness to the tool being used.

I did manage to use half of all the tools last week on a repair on a water damaged floor though. So it is paying off getting the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also heavily invested in Milwaukee tools and I have the M18 version as do most of the guys at work it is a very worthwhile investment I’ve had mine since they came out with it and it’s still going strong with no problems!!

I have a couple. One a Porter cable corded tool that I picked up at a garage sale, and cordless ridgid one that came in a 9 piece set I bought last Black Friday sale.

I was starting to invest in ridgid batteries and battery adapters to work with all my other older cordless tools that needed batteries replaced, and after a while decided to just buy a new set of Ridgid brand tools to avoid having to use the adapters all the time. They worked, but did add some extra awkwardness to the tool being used.

I did manage to use half of all the tools last week on a repair on a water damaged floor though. So it is paying off getting the set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the time you bought the Porta Cable was it still made in the United States.

I think that Fein made the first one, for removing windshields when the Germans decided to start gluing them in. I think they've been around since the 80's.
Are you referring to the scissors style of tool for removing the glass. I will post a photo as soon as I get it back from son.

Are you referring to the scissors style of tool for removing the glass. I will post a photo as soon as I get it back from son.
No, I'm thinking of the high frequency oscillating "multi tool" that uses a single, replaceable blade. This is the one I use:

I've got the Menards Tool Shop one had it quite a while. It's one of the tools when you need it you need it because nothing else will do. The wife and I call it the screamer. Its loud but gets the job done.

I bought a new, in the box Rockwell for $50 at a hamfest. At the time, they were going for over $100 at retail. It sat for several years until we did a remodel of our first floor. The first use was the semicircular blade. I had to cut the tag ends off two 2x8's in order to install some new duct work. They were in an impossible location for any other tool except the Rockwell.

Our house is over 100 years old and the walls had been replastered at some time in the past and it wasn't possible to remove the trim on the doors and windows without destroying the plaster. so we stripped and sanded the trim in situ. We went through maybe 100 sanding pads for the Rockwell. We also installed a floating wood floor and the Rockwell worked great for cutting the clearance at the bottom of the door jambs and trim..
Bought a Rockwell about 10 years ago as well for undercutting trim in tile floor install. Use it on about every remodeling project. Even some demolition when trying to cut nails while saving some old work. I was super skeptical as well, but if you have ever wished you could make a utility knife cut nails or wood, then this is your tool!

Back