The Eifel Plierench...what most people have been missing!

Very cool, while I will not immediately hunt down every last one available on the net, I will definitely keep my eyes open at tool sales!

Everybody bidding on them, post them here when in hand so we can all see what you got (remember a lot are dated!).

I have 3 sizes of the Knipex plier wrench and although I just got a Plierench, I wouldn't trade the Knipex (I want both!). I like the dual smooth-jaws on the Knipex and use them mostly for driving in pins - kind of a hand-held arbor press. I'm sure you could do the same with the Plierwrench given the right jaws. Speaking of which, here's a jaw I don't see on the previous list:
plierench.jpg
The little spring steel bit appears to be for locking out the adjustment. Mine do not have a date that I can see. (Well, now I see something in the picture that I didn't see previously...)
GsT

My father had a pair when I was a toddler.(1950ish) Over the years, I managed to lose his. When I saw a modern pair with high finish chrome, and got them just by asking, it reminded me of them, so to look around and find an older (OEM?) pair. Which I did find, and paid through the nose for. With the misc jaws from the new fangled set, I've got a nice setup that is in my electrician's pouch.

Speaking of which, here's a jaw I don't see on the previous list:
From all the time I spent researching the Eifel plierench I saw a few custom modified (possibly made by Eifel?) plierenches with non-standard jaws. I believe they were altered to so a dedicated task for that company.

I spent some time with some more of my files today. The first is a demonstration block a salesman would use. The sphere at the end was to show how firmly the normal jaws design would hold even a spherical item. I also found a πic from a brochure page in my files showing how a rubber band was used to hold the handles and it would take a 70 pound pull to remove the sphere. That is the second picture.

BTW - the entire page is a fun read, and it shows how to use the plierench as a hacksaw! No, I have not tried that but can understand why it would work in a pinch!

Attachments

• Eifel_Plierench_sales_demonstration_block.jpg
    Eifel_Plierench_sales_demonstration_block.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Plierench_as_Hacksaw_.jpg
    Plierench_as_Hacksaw_.jpg
    650.5 KB · Views: 26
Here is a closeup of an Eifel-Flash. And also a pic of what I believe to be the original factory look I restored my first set to look like. Scoutcrafter on Youtube got me into restoring tools!

A Flash will not have the date on it whereas non-Flash units do.

.And reviewing some of my notes today I may have found a clue to the slanted grooved vs straigh on the groove rack bottom of the jaws. One of my Flash-adverts said to take note of the angled grooves in the bottom of the jaw's gearing. So maybe Flash units have these angled grooves?

Attachments

• Eifel-Flash_Restored.jpg
    Eifel-Flash_Restored.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Eifel-Flash_Plierench_Specifics.jpg
    Eifel-Flash_Plierench_Specifics.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
I found a better picture of the item Eifel made to hold the handles together so your hands could be free. So I post this below as well.

The second picture is the multitool that Eifel would send to people. I saw one magazine ad saying that if the sent the coupon from the ad with their order they got the free mutltitool. I have not seen one in hand, but have seen them on eBay. That picture also shows the date and price circled on the plierench in the picture.

Attachments

• Eifel_Plierench_Handle_Clamp.jpg
    Eifel_Plierench_Handle_Clamp.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Eiffel_ Plierench_and_multitool_types..jpg
    Eiffel_ Plierench_and_multitool_types..jpg
    284 KB · Views: 19
A page showing how to make springs using the spring making jaw and also using the normal jaw is first.

Then two other magazine adverts with some interesting info concerning the tools and it's uses.

Attachments

• Eifel_Spring_makings.jpg
    Eifel_Spring_makings.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Popular_Mechanics_Advert_Eifel_Plierench.jpg
    Popular_Mechanics_Advert_Eifel_Plierench.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Popular_Mechanics_Advert_Eifel_Plierench2.jpg
    Popular_Mechanics_Advert_Eifel_Plierench2.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 15
Back