Vevor 8x14 tailstock headache

I would be back at Vevor, and not accept this screwup. They are making every effort to not service their stuff, but if you tell them their not acceptable, they will replace.
I bought their VFD and it blew the moment power was applied. I got pictures of the hookup and smoke coming out. They wanted me to make a Youtube vid. I said that will show the same as a still picture so they offered me 74 bucks and said I had frozen the VFD. I told them their nonsense was unacceptable, and so then they replaced the Drive and this one worked.

So stick with your guns and don't accept their nonsense. If you mill out that V it may sit on the ways properly but then will be offset and off height to the headstock.

Ok so unless the head stock follows the same angles as the crooked tail stock you really cant get a good tail stock to spindle alignment?

The tail stock is not level with the bed so any left to right movement of the tail stock on the base is going to cause the nose of the tailstock to go up or down , right?
I took the angles to be a camera angle. I thought he meant the front being the spindle nose, vs the handwheel. But I was wrong in my assumption.

I took the angles to be a camera angle. I thought he meant the front being the spindle nose, vs the handwheel. But I was wrong in my assumption.

All good
This guy has a good representation of what is going on with the mini lathes. He has the same poor fit on the head and saddle also.

I suppose if the error is the same across all 3 parts it sort of pans out a little.
I still think alot of the tail stock bases where meant for the 2 prism ways and the V would sit on the rear smaller prism? Not exactly the right fix but probably better than leaving it as is.

Last edited:
I know this thread is old, but I recently purchased a Vevor MX-8x14. I have included an image the tail stock mounted. The tail stock is, indeed, narrower than the bed width. The tail stock definitely sits flat. Though, the front of the tail stock base is taller than he rear. You may also note the label on the end of the bed picturing the ways does not match the ways of the machine. I believe this machine to be as purchased by the gentleman I purchased it from.
Is there a big gap here?

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpeg
    IMG_4419.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 20
Oh yea, drive a truck thru it
The operative phrase is : FUBAR
Babar1m.jpg

Last edited:
I know Vevor, this lathe is 1 V + 1 flat bed, Apron and tailstock share the same V-track,If the V-guide wau of the tailstock is repaired, the center of the tailstock sleeve will not be equal to the center of the spindle, and will not be in a straight line。
look my WBL180, WBL210, WBL210D hobby lathe, it is 2 V guide way, 1 for apron, 1 for tailstock:

I know Vevor, this lathe is 1 V + 1 flat bed, Apron and tailstock share the same V-track,If the V-guide wau of the tailstock is repaired, the center of the tailstock sleeve will not be equal to the center of the spindle, and will not be in a straight line。
look my WBL180, WBL210, WBL210D hobby lathe, it is 2 V guide way, 1 for apron, 1 for tailstock:
Your link I’m not seeing much of anything useful in the images. So I’m guessing on these particular lathes are showing there’s two V way correct is the rear V smaller than the front one. So would it be safe to say vevor is using the wrong tail stock base on the single V Way style. Anyhow, I look at these vevor owners lathes with these tail stock issues and they all look like the centerline of the tail stock is leaning about 20° to the rear of the machine doesn’t look right Canting just doesn’t make sense but it is what it is I guess with these machines , I’d still return it

Last edited:
Ok so unless the head stock follows the same angles as the crooked tail stock you really cant get a good tail stock to spindle alignment?

The tail stock is not level with the bed so any left to right movement of the tail stock on the base is going to cause the nose of the tailstock to go up or down , right?
No, no real gap.

Attachments

• 20240410_193354.jpg
    20240410_193354.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 23
Back