1236 Questions

Hey Cobra. Jerry here.
Since you appear to be pretty new to this lathe stuff, here is a link to my website (mostly 9x20 stuff) that pertains to setting up for threading.
It is extremely basic, but you may get a point or two from it. There is lots of stuff on the site about lathe operations, so snoop around to see if any of it will benefit you.

http://www.akpilot.net/Threading Setup/Compound Setup For Threading.html

Best to you, & stay safe in the shop.
Jerry in Delaware

Thanks Jerry. You're correct... this is all new to me, both the lathe and the PM932 mill. Even though I've wanted something like this for years, I keep telling myself to take things slow and be careful considering this is when mistakes are usually made. Thanks for the link... I'll definitely take a look.. probably just what I need.

Cobra, Where did you find those pdf's for the PM1236? I recently picked up a used one with little to no info.
Thanks, Larry.

Go to the
PM 1236 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

at the top of the login page and scroll down to the 13th post--the links are in it.

I attempted to copy the links to post them for you; but, was unsuccessful.

Jerry in Delaware

I have something else to identify in the included picture. And I swear this is the last of the unidentified items :wink:

There are two of these (washers?). Both are the same, just one is flipped over to show both sides. Not sure if these came from the PM1236 or PM932 but figured I would post them here. The outside diameter is 28mm... the diameter of the raised surface on the one side is 17mm... and the center hole is about 6mm. I get the feeling they were something non-critical, so I should have just tossed them at the time, but I didn't and now I'm not sure. Sorry folks... my memory never was all that hot and it's not going to improve at my age :(

Unknown Washers.jpg

I have something else to identify in the included picture. And I swear this is the last of the unidentified items :wink:

There are two of these (washers?). Both are the same, just one is flipped over to show both sides. Not sure if these came from the PM1236 or PM932 but figured I would post them here. The outside diameter is 28mm... the diameter of the raised surface on the one side is 17mm... and the center hole is about 6mm. I get the feeling they were something non-critical, so I should have just tossed them at the time, but I didn't and now I'm not sure. Sorry folks... my memory never was all that hot and it's not going to improve at my age :(

View attachment 119216

Looks like good fodder for the misc. stuff container. I always keep stuff like that in my hold down/setup drawer. Never know when you might need them.

Those are for the milling machine table handles. They are washers that go on the ends of the lead screws where the handles mount, and an Allen screw holds the handles on with those. Keeps them nice and tight and straighter than with just the set screws.

Back