12L14 about to become even more Expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that price was one of the things that got me to try it.
I mostly use carbide inserts and I found the 1215 machines really well with aluminum grade inserts, it apparently likes the higher rake of the GT inserts compared to the MT meant for steel I had on hand.

I’ve long believed the EPA has done it’s job and should be disbanded.

The looks on some friends faces is priceless when I state this, then I remind them that this is the exact reason their kids will forever be baristas or Cake decorators and sometimes it dawns on them I’m right.

With others the idea bounces off their head like a rubber ball.
If the EPA were disbanded, it would not be long before we slid back into the ecological cesspool of the early '70's when rivers were literally starting on fire.
I followed an old truck the other day into town. The exhaust fumes were so bad I about choked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Removed and edited because of wrong location for plant . Hadn't had my coffee yet before posting . :rolleyes::oops:

1117 is also a very nice cutting steel.

I can’t imagine why shipping leaded steel production out of the country would result in higher prices. That hasn’t been the case with any manufactured item….ever.

Which is why there are thousands and thousands of arguments across hundreds and hundreds of forums about whether to buy yourself an “old American whirligig” or a modern import made yesterday for the same price or less in China. Lol

Is it obvious I didn’t read the article?

1215 will rust if you look at it wrong or speak in harsh tones.
I haven’t had any rusting problems with the 1215 parts I have machined, but my shop doesn’t go above 50% humidity, so it may be different in a less friendly environment.

I haven’t had any rusting problems with the 1215 parts I have machined, but my shop doesn’t go above 50% humidity, so it may be different in a less friendly environment.
Even my basement has been registering 90% the last week or 2.

Calgary is dry as hell . Have a humidifier running at his place inside . :grin: I'll take the low humidity whenever I could .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back