$13 including shipping - 6" 3 Jaw 2 Pcs Reversible Self Centering Lathe Chuck w/ 1-1/2-8 Back Plate

I too received the emails saying lost in shipping. I asked for a tracking number and they sent a bogus Fedex number. I also requested that they reship - instead of refund.
I was 99% sure when ordering that it was a typo error but ordered -"just in case". ( I didn't want to have to kick myself if everyone else got one.:)
I am sure that somebody screwed up and is catching hell for it.
They should have just canceled the orders and say it was an error. I am sure that they could have done that over such an obvious error without backlash.. The "dishonesty ?" is in how the are trying to deal with it.

I don't feel they were trying to scam people for $13.00. They could have listed them at $35.00 and still sold them all. I am sure they work hard for what they earn, else we would all be Ebay tycoons.
Personally I wont be mad if I don't receive it - as long as I get the refund. Fortunately - I don't need a handout and would not want someone to lose money for a honest mistake.
Interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Last edited:
I only know that if I place an item for sale on Ebay, sure, I can cancel or modify the item sale listing if there was no "buy it now" purchase or prior to final bid time/date but once a purchase is made or bidding has ended, I must honor the listing for the described item and price. I can't then say "gee, I changed my mind and want more money now." It unfair and unethical.

I'm waiting to see if they ask for additional money for shipping or process a refund without me requesting it or some such thing. I'm not trying to be unfair and if when all is said and done I don't get the chuck, it's not a big deal, but it's the sellers responsibility to ensure the listing is correct. My understanding of Ebay rules is that the seller cannot "cancel" a sale for a "buy it now" listing if the item has been paid for. If it has not been paid for yet, or you agree to a refund, that is different. If the item is damaged or lost prior to or during shipment and it's a "only one of them" item the seller also has options and can refund your money or send a replacement... but it's obvious in this case that there are other things going on, as the seller is still listing the item for sale (and in quantity at that). It's obvious they would rather refund my money and they keep pushing that option. Of course once you agree to a refund, there's no way you're going to get the item for that price from them.

Ive had a few times now, when I had an issue with an item, one not recieved, one broken, when I notified the seller, they quickly cancled the sale, giving me a refund. But, by canceling the sale, I can not leave any type of feedback.

If nothing shows inform eBay and let the seller have it on a review. If they scammed all these buyers they most likely would have to cancel their eBay account or eBay might. Either way you’ll get your 14 bucks back somehow.

By the number of sellers from the same city in Ca, selling the same item, (and all that had the chuck at the same $13 wrong price), its obvious that they have many, if not lots of seller accounts. Loosing one or two, won't affect their business at all.

This was my next/latest reply from them when I responded that I didn't want a refund or to cancel... I wanted the item:

Dear friend,
According to company rule, could apply resend for you from Supplier in China as after -service they give to us, would that be ok? could I know resend you from China ? or full refund you first?
Thanks for your kindness in advance.
Best regards

I replied again stating I did not want a refund and would they please resend. From China is OK. Also told them I was a bit confused, as the listing for the item shows more than 10 available right now for sale and the item location shows Chino CA. Why can't they ship me a replacement and have the "Supplier" send the replacement to them...

I only know that if I place an item for sale on Ebay, sure, I can cancel or modify the item sale listing if there was no "buy it now" purchase or prior to final bid time/date but once a purchase is made or bidding has ended, I must honor the listing for the described item and price. I can't then say "gee, I changed my mind and want more money now." It unfair and unethical.

I'm waiting to see if they ask for additional money for shipping or process a refund without me requesting it or some such thing. I'm not trying to be unfair and if when all is said and done I don't get the chuck, it's not a big deal, but it's the sellers responsibility to ensure the listing is correct. My understanding of Ebay rules is that the seller cannot "cancel" a sale for a "buy it now" listing if the item has been paid for. If it has not been paid for yet, or you agree to a refund, that is different. If the item is damaged or lost prior to or during shipment and it's a "only one of them" item the seller also has options and can refund your money or send a replacement... but it's obvious in this case that there are other things going on, as the seller is still listing the item for sale (and in quantity at that). It's obvious they would rather refund my money and they keep pushing that option. Of course once you agree to a refund, there's no way you're going to get the item for that price from them.

Maybe next time, consider adding a comment like you are a small manufacturing company, and if the chucks were good enough, you would consider buying many more, if they have the capability of delivering the quantities you would need.

By the number of sellers from the same city in Ca, selling the same item, (and all that had the chuck at the same $13 wrong price), its obvious that they have many, if not lots of seller accounts. Loosing one or two, won't affect their business at all.

All the ads listing that chuck for $13 was listed coming from the "Same Ebay Store" they were just different Ads offering the same items.

I ordered a siding nail gun on Ebay a few weeks ago for a darn good price, even had to choose between several sellers with about the same price. In the end the nailer didn't show up when it should have, waited a couple extra days then made contact with the seller. I got the same story, lost in shipping but no tracking number. They suggested I take a refund which I did do. Looked again for a nailer at that price and low and behold none to be found. Makes me think that many of the Ebay stores sell products from a importer and someone priced the product wrong.

All the ads listing that chuck for $13 was listed coming from the "Same Ebay Store" they were just different Ads offering the same items.
Not unless there is a way to have different names for the same store.

Here is 4 of the links I saved that day. Check the revisions, they all had price changes within hours of each other. There was over a dozen at $13, I'm sure some were duplicates from the same seller names, but most I clicked on, had different names.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pc-Preci...=item41eee49b30:g:eVgAAOSwhh9bvp56:rk:36:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pc-Preci...=item33f73d2c01:g:594AAOSwcBRbxUCQ:rk:31:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-3-Jaw-2-...=item4b503389df:g:OPYAAOSwiqdbvp1d:rk:25:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-pc-Preci...h=item1a5f9fdf7e:g:I6IAAOSwtItbvpyw:rk:4:pf:0

Maybe next time, consider adding a comment like you are a small manufacturing company, and if the chucks were good enough, you would consider buying many more, if they have the capability of delivering the quantities you would need.

That is really a low integrity plan, Superburban. Would you actually do this, or just blowing on the web?

That is really a low integrity plan, Superburban. Would you actually do this, or just blowing on the web?
I don't know, With the lies & deceit pushed out by the seller, I would consider it stooping to their level, and not loose any sleep. I'm still at the wait and see mode, and have not contacted the seller, and would likely not have done anything if they would have canceled the order, and refunded everyone's money right away. Now that it has been ten days since they took my money, and said the item was actually shipped, it is raising to a higher level.

A little trickery to attempt to get the seller to fulfill his obligations, is not near as low as the lies from the seller, claiming the logistics company lost the item. Sellers should be held to higher standards then buyers.

Back