$13 including shipping - 6" 3 Jaw 2 Pcs Reversible Self Centering Lathe Chuck w/ 1-1/2-8 Back Plate

Bait and switch is when they knowingly send an inferior product. This is not that.

If you want to talk legal, read ebays terms of service that you agreed to when you started using their service. Sellers are allowed to cancel sales. It happens.

At this point, the seller has not cancelled anything and seems to be making good on their mistake. That's very nice of them - I probably would have cancelled the sales made at the wrong price.

If I get the chuck, I'll be happy. If I don't, I won't be upset. In that case, ebay will give me my money back.

bait-and-switch
noun

1. the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.
    "a bait-and-switch scheme"

Actually, I don't think that anyone here knows if the $13.00 price was a mistake, or a deliberate ploy. But, I was a responding to another post that suggested that actually expecting to receive the goods at that price made the buyers jerks. I just don't agree with that. If the seller accepted the order, they should fulfill it and if they lose some money in the process it's too bad. Next time they'll be more careful. Of course, we'll see what happens in the end. It doesn't sound like anyone has received their chucks yet. I didn't buy one, so it won't affect me either way.

eBay said they will investigate what happened on the 14th. Mine were to arrive mon/tues

At this point, the seller has not cancelled anything and seems to be making good on their mistake. That's very nice of them -

Has anyone gotten there chuck yet.

Last edited:
If expecting someone to make good on their word makes me a jerk, then I am a huge one...........!!!
I's better than being the idiot that didn't...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems the logistic company does lots of losing...I really don't like sellers that lie, $1.00 or $10000, still deceitful

Same response to me

Dear my friend

Sorry for that.
We contacted with the shipping company to check the parcel ,but there is no information about it.we do not know if it is lost .

How about we refund you first ? then you pay us back once you receive it .is that ok?we apologize for this situation.hope you understand,thanks.

hope you do not leave us any feedback ,negative or neutral if you do not want to leave us positive feedback with all more than 5 stars,we will do more accurate in the future.thanks.

if you agree,we will refund you in 2 workdays.

or your idea?pls advise,thanks.

Waiting for your reply to follow up.

Sincerely Yours

Last edited:
Yes, please ship a replacement item soonest, to avoid delay, and If the lost one does show up, I will gladly pay for the replacement item, and keep both. That way you make two sales.

Great idea, and thanks for pre-translating

This was my next/latest reply from them when I responded that I didn't want a refund or to cancel... I wanted the item:

Dear friend,
According to company rule, could apply resend for you from Supplier in China as after -service they give to us, would that be ok? could I know resend you from China ? or full refund you first?
Thanks for your kindness in advance.
Best regards

I replied again stating I did not want a refund and would they please resend. From China is OK. Also told them I was a bit confused, as the listing for the item shows more than 10 available right now for sale and the item location shows Chino CA. Why can't they ship me a replacement and have the "Supplier" send the replacement to them...

I only know that if I place an item for sale on Ebay, sure, I can cancel or modify the item sale listing if there was no "buy it now" purchase or prior to final bid time/date but once a purchase is made or bidding has ended, I must honor the listing for the described item and price. I can't then say "gee, I changed my mind and want more money now." It unfair and unethical.

I'm waiting to see if they ask for additional money for shipping or process a refund without me requesting it or some such thing. I'm not trying to be unfair and if when all is said and done I don't get the chuck, it's not a big deal, but it's the sellers responsibility to ensure the listing is correct. My understanding of Ebay rules is that the seller cannot "cancel" a sale for a "buy it now" listing if the item has been paid for. If it has not been paid for yet, or you agree to a refund, that is different. If the item is damaged or lost prior to or during shipment and it's a "only one of them" item the seller also has options and can refund your money or send a replacement... but it's obvious in this case that there are other things going on, as the seller is still listing the item for sale (and in quantity at that). It's obvious they would rather refund my money and they keep pushing that option. Of course once you agree to a refund, there's no way you're going to get the item for that price from them.

Ive been following this and this is my advice. Just wait and see what happens. I had acouple issues with a items from China off eBay. Funny the response is always the same. Like a second grader wrote it. They ultimately want to satisfy the order or buyer as you can read in their statements. Yes shipping takes awhile depending on if the boat just left or they just made it. I would give it at least 3-4 weeks from purchase date. If nothing shows inform eBay and let the seller have it on a review. If they scammed all these buyers they most likely would have to cancel their eBay account or eBay might. Either way you’ll get your 14 bucks back somehow.

Back