2 Phase Motor

I got a nice clear picture of the tag, but can't post it. I've cropped it down as small as I can and it still says it excedes the limit to post.

Here is a transformer set up for make 3 ph to 2 ph
If you can make this type of motor to single phase just like your AC on your home

Dave

I got a nice clear picture of the tag, but can't post it. I've cropped it down as small as I can and it still says it excedes the limit to post.

CCI11242014_00000.jpg

Here is a transformer set up for make 3 ph to 2 ph
If you can make this type of motor to single phase just like your AC on your home

Dave

I went through my transformer book and I could not find a single phase Scott type connection, it just ends up as a single phase buck and boost.

You could do it with the proper capacitor inductor connection but the size on the capactiors would need to vary based on load. This would be similiar to a static three phase convertor that someone else had mentioned.

I think your better off to replace the motor or maybe go with a high end treadmill motor. I run a treadmill motor on my 12 x 36 lathe and have no problems.

Art B

PS That motor may have some value to a college as a lab motor.

If was a big motor I would setting to run with cap start and run
If had a lot money I would just buy new motor works the

I do like the treadmill motor I do not know how can make that one work
Dave

I went through my transformer book and I could not find a single phase Scott type connection, it just ends up as a single phase buck and boost.

You could do it with the proper capacitor inductor connection but the size on the capactiors would need to vary based on load. This would be similiar to a static three phase convertor that someone else had mentioned.

I think your better off to replace the motor or maybe go with a high end treadmill motor. I run a treadmill motor on my 12 x 36 lathe and have no problems.

Art B

PS That motor may have some value to a college as a lab motor.

It's already a jpeg

There are several free programs that allow you to reduce the size of image files. Two that I have used are IrfanView and Easy Thumbnails.

I use Easy Thumbnails a fair bit when sharing pictures from my "good" camera. It makes bloated 24MP pictures, nice but bloated!

http://www.fookes.com/easy-thumbnails

IrfanView is also available for free download. Some of the sites where you can download it from also try to include unwanted software so make sure you virus scan and read carefully everything before you click ok.

As a new(er) member you are limited as to how much you can upload. I don't have access to change your status to allow your up load. But you can email a picture to me an I can post it for you. My email is in my signature below.

As a new(er) member you are limited as to how much you can upload. I don't have access to change your status to allow your up load. But you can email a picture to me an I can post it for you. My email is in my signature below.

Thanks Jim, email on the way.

FWIW, Many years ago, I worked for a motor manufacturer (Reuland) in California and in the process of setting up their new test facility, I installed hookups for 2 phase 4 wire. At that time Reuland would ship 2 phase motors if they were requested and it was my understanding that there were only a couple of areas on the east coast that still had 2 phase available. Presumably the 3 wires you're speaking of would a common and the other 2 would be the phase wires which would be 180 degrees out of phase. (a 3 phase motor has the phase wires 120 degrees out of phase) it might be possible to connect a capacitor on one of the phase wires and power it off 110 volts depending on the current draw. Good luck. It's certainly possible.

Back