2015 POTD Thread Archive

Heh. I think we have all been there at one point. Awhile back, I was doing some woodworking. Measure, mark, cut, repeat. I went to fire up the mitre saw and stopped cold. Said "Nope, need my safety glasses." Grabbed on top of my cap where I usually leave them. Nope. Looked around the bench. Nope. Looked on the ground. Nope. Swore, stomped back into the shop and opened a new pair. Went to put them on and whack!

I was already wearing a pair.

Thanks. You just made me feel better.

Nope. Looked around the bench. Nope. Looked on the ground. Nope. Swore, stomped back into the shop and opened a new pair. Went to put them on and whack!

I was already wearing a pair.

It's like you have a web-cam into my shop..........spooky!
-brino

Hey guys, can I make a request if you're going to add pics as thumbnails? Could you resize them to a couple of hundred kb please? When they're 1mb+ it takes an age to scroll through them in that pop up picture viewer this site has. Happens on different devices and browsers, so I don't think it's a hardware/software issue at this end.

Needed to do my first oil change on our new to us car and I didn't want the seams that the jackstands rest on to get bent or scratched like they did on our last car. So I made a couple of mystery plastic caps for my jackstands that match the width of the jack point seam. Saw someone else do that ages ago and finally got round to doing my own. I wish all material was this easy to cut!

IMG_4071.JPG IMG_4073.JPG IMG_4074.JPG

Not sure if other know, but the method I use to resize pictures is to open the pic, take a screen shot, open mspaint and control-v paste, then save as jpg, it makes a 5mb picture into couple hundred kb

Another method of resizing pics is to select a group of them by blocking them, right click and send them to a mail recipient, yourself, and the mail program will give you size options. 1024 x 760 is a good size. When you receive the email, download/save the files, unzip the files and voila.

john that's exactly how i do it too. doesn't take long and it saves space on the hard drive as well

I agree that is much faster than having to edit the pictures like I do, but it doesn't save any space since you have to download the emailed pictures to your HD to post them. Thanks for that tip john

I agree that is much faster than having to edit the pictures like I do, but it doesn't save any space since you have to download the emailed pictures to your HD to post them. Thanks for that tip john

It's not about saving space, just to resize many pictures to a smaller size in one shot. If worried about hard drive space, when you unzip and save the smaller pics, save them to the same directory as the large original files and replace the large originals. Then delete the emailed zipped folder and your email .

I tried to buy another faceplate for the indexers yesterday but he had sold the last two. @&(* ~%... Polite translation - Oh Darn. :bawling:

I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying one of the indexers or trading for a dividing head?

I just use Microsoft picture manager. I edit the size of any picture I want to post, usually use the document small (800x600) size. When done I just do a save all which replaces the original pictures with the modified pictures. Easy pesy.

Back