2015 POTD Thread Archive

I have a friend with a Harley who would like to ride his bike to the triple rinks to play hockey, however he has no way of carrying his sticks. After a close look at his bike I think I have solved his problem. These arms should mount at the base of the passenger foot rest 3/4" mounting stud, and will lean back at about 65 degrees. They will tuck in nicely just behind the side saddle bags. The sticks will slide in sideways and turn 90 degrees, with the blade pointing back. He is a woodworker and should be able to devise a wedge that fits in where I have placed a small wrench in the last picture, or he can just wrap a few turns of tape at the top to hold the stick tight. I'm going to surprise him with them tomorrow and will post some pics once installed.

20150907_184446.jpg 20150907_184525.jpg 20150907_184555.jpg

Been busy with work and home, but I finished up my brother's key fob on Aug 31st, for his birthday on Sept 1st. He loved it. The piston top is dished, used a scrap of small shafting for the wrist pin, loctite to secure it, and a good turtle paste waxing. I tried to avoid anything that could snag in a pocket.

View attachment 109868

I like the project. How did you get the split ring open wide enough? Those rings can be a bear.

I like the project. How did you get the split ring open wide enough? Those rings can be a bear.

I've struggled with those rings, you're to be commended that you didn't scratch the 'con rod.'

Pac's bench looks like the one that I had my spinal surgery on ....... come to think of it , the whole workshop looks as clean and organised as an operating theatre.

Actually the bench is as big as my man cupboard by a factor of 1.67398 ... I'm not jealous , greedy nor green with envy ....I'm planning on getting a lottery ticket instead ..... as that's about the only way I'll get such a set up .;)

It's very nice Pac . It's made my day to see it ( such little things really please me these days :) ).

Back