2015 POTD Thread Archive

I coverted it to a oxy/acetylene cart.

I really like that toolbox added to the back.
Mine just has the sparker, tip cleaner, etc hanging on the cart...well mostly, I'm always hitting them with the hoses and knocking them off.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery......I may just have to imitate and flatter that! ;)

Thanks for posting!
-brino

Last edited:
What did I do in the shop today?

I hung up my "new" calendar from 2011-2012:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a hum-dinger of a welding cart, Bob.

I agree. I was just in such a hurry to show off my new "decor" that I forgot to mention it.

Rex, neat job. Looks way better than the one I made. I don't recall where, but I did read somebody posting about AROs (Analog Read Outs). It looks like you have an older lathe, like me. I find dial indicators an invaluable double check on the lathe dials.

Its a 1950 South Bend 9c. The ways are pretty worn, but she makes parts still. As long as I get the tool height right, the dials are right on still. Needed something to measure the carriage movement though.

Its a 1950 South Bend 9c. The ways are pretty worn, but she makes parts still. As long as I get the tool height right, the dials are right on still. Needed something to measure the carriage movement though.

I've got two South Bends. 9A and 9C. The 9C is from 1947. I actually prefer it to the 9A. Nice, tight, and simple to run. And I love the lines on the machine. Of course the 9A is handy for feeding and threading.

A lot of times when I need precise lateral movement I set the compound at 90 degrees. One thing though - I removed the slotted screw from the compound and crossfeed dials and replaced them with Allen screws. Much easier to adjust by hand without looking for a screwdriver.

Back