2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a mighty mag base in the mail today, also a pair of China made Amazon purchase parallel set. Took them to my granite block, and they all are very flat, no feeler gage would fit below parallel and table, and all were within .0005" of the advertised measurement. I'm really impressed with the quality. And all have very nice square surfaces.

Wow! That's nice! I think your safe with the wife. You have so much equipment now, if she is anything like my wife, she won't be able to tell what's new and what's old. I just make sure and hide the packing material until trash day!

Got me a new condition surface gage.

Img_2131.jpg

Friday I purchased a few items from a machinist on Craigslist. Purchased a 9-10" Starrett 436 Micrometer, a B&S 6-7" and a B&S 7-8" micrometer both in the wooden cases and the 7-8" had a 7" standard, and a 3" and 4" Jansson gage block in a wooden box for 120$ total, then tonight picked up a 5-6" NSK Micrometer off that auction site. My goal is to piece together a set of micrometers up to 12", I only have three to go.

Also ordered a couple more indicators to leave in my home shop instead of running my ones back and forth from my service truck to my home shop. Always seem to have more tools sneaking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back