2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
The company that I work for has a rewards program where they give employees 'reward points' if the employee is deemed to have went 'above and beyond the normal' in job performance. I have collected enough of these points to redeem them for a $400.00 prepaid mastercard.

So, I decided to do some shopping...

20180321_154057.jpg

I placed an order with CDCO for a CXA wedge qctp set, a 3 inch R8 boring head, a 5C collet block set, and a metric thread gage set.

Its like Christmas in here right now!

-Bear

Its like Christmas in here right now!
I'll send some snow down your way.. then it will really be a white Christmas.
it's piling up ..
Enjoy...
Those CX look like AX sitting on the mill.. funny how the scale is off by what must be a large table.

Now that you mention it, they do look small... its a 9x49 table.

-Bear

My son decided it was time to get a higher production CNC mill than we have now. So he just bought a 2016 Haas TM2P. It'll be loaded on the truck in the morning, it's in Florida at the moment.

This is a picture of a actual machine, not a sales brochure. This machine is brand new, only 130 hours. Was purchased new by a retired gentleman and he apparently decided to do something else in his golden years. Has every offered option.

1521753355405.png

2016 Haas TM2P
Specifications for Haas TM2P VMC:
X Axis Travel: 40
Y Axis Travel: 16
Z Axis Travel: 16
Rapid Rates: 400 IPM
Taper: CAT 40
Spindle Speed: 6,000 RPM
Spindle Motor: 7.5 HP
Tool Changer: 20 ATC

Equipped with:
4th Axis Drive
Chip Auger
Rigid Tapping
High Flow Coolant Pump
High Speed Machining
Wireless Intuitive Probing
-Macros
-Spindle Orientation
-Coordinate Rotation/Scaling
-Visual Programming System
Early Power Failure Detection Mode
Work Light
20 Tool Holders

Now I just have to find room for it in my shop, I think the router is going to have to go. :( But it will be nice to have a machine in the shop that does not require an upgrade to 30 year old electronics.

Edit: My son just sent a better picture
1521757329500.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back