2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive Jim. I don't envy you the job of shoehorning that big boy into your shop.
Gods speed with all that.

Over the last couple days I have picked up a VFD and a 2 hp 3 ph motor. The Teco- Westinghouse motor was bought off Amazon from Dealers Industrial. The shipping was 7-10 days. I bought it Wednesday and it was delivered yesterday, drop shipped from Teco- Westinghouse which is five miles from me. Free shipping to boot. Now I need to start on making a controller. I will probably put this on the mill.

I have a SB 405 lathe that uses the old 1 1/2 x 10 TPI thread spindle nose. I just picked up this spindle from eBay that I will use to replace what I currently have with a Model-C spindle so I can have the common 1 1/2 x 8 TPI spindle nose.

South bend spindle.jpg

Some machinists get all the luck...

Enjoy :)

Ha, I’ll take a little luck but I’m definitely not a machinist.

Today I ordered some relay sockets, a 24VDC power supply, 5k pot, 7/8-20 R8 for a boring head, and a couple Micro 100 boring bits. Still need to pick up some switches and get started on a controller!

Jim , very sweet machine for sure ! I stopped up my one of my past employers and they had just got a 5 axis Haas delivered which they promptly crashed and destroyed the top end . They expect to get her back online in a few months .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back