2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the grinder so I let the wife win for once ! ( that makes it easier for future tool purchases ) . I was drawn to this darn picture myself . Something about the colors in it I guess ? Anyway , I hope to find it a home up in the Adirondacks soon !

The MGEHR1212-2 parting tool, I ordered on the 14th, arrived on Friday, technically 1 day early (guaranteed delivery date was 3/24) from China. Tool looks like the one I lost, what’s left of my old inserts, fit perfectly and the new inserts look great. So it cost me, $17 to end a crappy friendship, if I’d known I could do it this cheaply, I would have done it years ago, and save all the grief.

I always drop into my favourite tool shop if I'm in the area, often there's nothing that I "Must Have" but this morning this was on their counter display

PipeCentre.jpg

Now it's in my kitchen, this afternoon it will migrate to the workshop ;-)

Daaaaammmmnnnnnn, that's bigger than my whole lathe!!!!

Last week I bought a 2hp 3 ph motor and VFD. This week I’m accumulating what I need for a controller. Circuit breaker, 24v power supply, din rail, relay sockets, switch box, wire, Machtach, solder station, etc. Most of it will be here tomorrow with the rest on Friday hopefully.
I’d like to get started on it this weekend. Will see.

Last week I bought a 2hp 3 ph motor and VFD. This week I’m accumulating what I need for a controller. Circuit breaker, 24v power supply, din rail, relay sockets, switch box, wire, Machtach, solder station, etc. Most of it will be here tomorrow with the rest on Friday hopefully.
I’d like to get started on it this weekend. Will see.
What are you making?

I’m putting the new motor on my mill so I will have variable speed without messing with the belts. Changing the belt arrangement is a pain. After I finish the mill I will probably do the same to the lathe. I’m not at all happy with the arrangement there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back