2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i visited the tool market there was couple of new tool vendors but not many of them had machinist tooling at a good price, but i did manage to find this enormous threading tap wrench, the picture doesn't show how big really is, also bought this handmade tin offset flanel, i often work on modified cars and this will make pouring oil much easier, not a bad trip.
DSC_0295.JPGDSC_0296.JPG
DSC_0299.JPG
DSC_0300.JPG

Picked up a gauge block set. Probably shouldn't have been high priority but the price was right. It's a CEJ grade 0 set in good overall shape. Not quite complete but I ordered all of the missing smaller blocks already. There are a few oxide spots on some of the blocks, any good way to remove them? I tried some steel wool on non- functional surfaces and it helped a little bit but didn't get rid of them entirely. I could just live with them of course, which is likely the best option.
f3ec9700b1f580034113e2b0f9bb0a2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Today i visited an tool market in another city, prices were higher then my local market but i was able to found this rivnut pliers, this heavy duty wheel, i'm thinking would make a good drive wheel for a Belt Grinder and lastly bought those two manometers, one is extremely big and goes only to 4 bar, not a bad trip.
DSC_0302.JPGDSC_0303.JPGDSC_0305.JPG
DSC_0307.JPG

Yeah, have it bad, but there is a purpose. I had a buddy (Frosty Wyrick) with a very large toy train and Erector set collection. He built a 1:85 scale model of the Mackinaw Bridge from Erector set parts that was 104 ft. long (photos below). He passed away from colon cancer a few years ago. His estate sale was attended by 5 people, so his treasured toy collection went for next to nothing. . . My wife and I attended a woodworking shop auction about the same time. There were over 400 at this sale in a very rural area. We left because of the competition.

Bruce
/QUOTE]

By mother lived in Clare, cousins in Farwell, so she took us by Frosty's some years back. Had a great time photographing some of his "toys."
A question that has come up on the Railroading forums, you may know, Any idea where his caboose went?

Sad to hear about his collection. I've seen pictures and mom described some of it.

Thanks,

Picked up the deckel. 160 mile round trip, but I think it was worth it. She’ll need new paint and extensive cosmetic treatments at the evaporust spa - but it’s all there, bar a diamond dresser.

60EB6668-1892-431B-A78E-D73C784A1A37.jpeg

I will need to swap out the motor. The one that came with it is three phase, and whilst I could wire it up to a VFD, it might be a bit overkill. That and a single phase 1/4 horse 2,800rpm motor will be a darn sight cheaper than a VFD. ;)

Few more eBay purchases came in the mail. Got a 20mm ER32 collet for my Bridgeport mill's ER32 collet chuck for mounting an electronic edge finder. I do layout work in two locations; seems the machinist's squares are always at the other bench so bought a set of 2" - 6" imports so both areas are stocked. Impulse buy for $0.99 plus $3 shipping; set of indicator tips. Lastly, an impact screwdriver. If penetrating oil doesn't work, I'll beat it to death . . .

Bruce

20180603_163901.jpg

20180606_073617.jpg

20180606_085303.jpg

20180606_125751.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back