2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking mill. Matter of fact, it looks just about new. Congrats!

Thanks! It needs a little love but overall it's pretty nice. Got the original Enco vice and a good bit of tooling with it for $500 all in. I bought it from an older gentleman that bought it new in 1996. Been in his garage ever since.

Found this delta drill press for cheap locally. I've never seen a delta here in Sweden before, american imports are uncommom here. The quill return spring is missing so I'll have to figure something out. It also came with the cabinet, a nice grinding vise that's a bit rusty and one of those rpm controllers (forgetting what they're called).
dc7957037b82572c2e0c4dfa041dc542.jpg
fdb9fe9036b75c30a151b16a5ff7e9eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Picked up a Kennedy top and bottom boxes full of tooling from a retired machinist that worked at Grumman aircraft in NY..many pin gauges .parrells.vise.dial and electric calipers.mics.v blocks.bore gauges .much more ..all name brand stuff.american Swiss.german..will post pictures later with couple questions on what some of the stuff is..

I've never seen a delta here in Sweden before
We have the Delta drill presses here, they are workhorse machines, yours looks to be in good shape, just clean it up and keep it oiled.

Few more eBay pick-ups. Must have 6 or 8 of these sets of Allen wrenches. Think I've got a set at every machine now (~$12 each including shipping). Also picked up a GTN-2 and GTN-3 parting tool from Shars (~$75 delivered). Has a 5/8" boss for mounting to a QCTP tool holder. Also picked up a bag 'o chuck keys for $14 including shipping. My BP has three chucks at the ready but got them without individual keys. Had been using a HF 4-way chuck key but it chews up my hands some when trying to torque down hard. Ended up with the correct keys for each of the chucks.

Bruce

20180609_121341.jpg
20180609_121505.jpg
20180609_152754.jpg
20180609_153012.jpg

I paid 160 for tool boxes and contents.don't think I got screwed too bad..guy knows where a Sheldon lathe is that's been covered up for years in back corner of a local shop.owner wants it gone..should know in a couple days how much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back