2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that’s a significant toy. Big league.
Congratulations

Brought my new toy home today. Went without a hitch. It was scary having the mill on the truck, just looked so top heavy. But I know most of the weight is down low, still took it very easy on the way home.

I'm going to try and sit the mill in place tomorrow. For now it's just inside the door. The forklift I rented actually clears my door. The only problem I see is I have a 2 post lift and I need to get over the cross member on the floor that has the hydraulics and cables in it. . I've put some wood down to try and stair step over the cross member. And with the heavy column in the back, not sure how lifting it from the front will go.

If I can do this is saves me from having to skate it into place.

After I get it in place I need to come up with a phase converter. Looking at a 25 hp one.

View attachment 278454
View attachment 278455
View attachment 278456

They are intended to be lifted from the front. I’m glad you got one of those machines. I really missed out on those other two I’m still ****** at myself for that one. I really need a 4020 or bigger machine but they are all gonna cost me at least 20k.

Did the brother machines get installed? If so how are they so far?

Thanks, it will definitely expand my capabilities. I'm trying to think of a product I can make and not be a job shop again. I already have a full time job with good benefits so I just want side work to make a little cash and give me something to play with.

They started moving everything yesterday, and when I got my mill this morning they didn't have the brother machines in place yet. They were supposed to be in place by end of day today, and hooked up next week.

The brothers are so totally different than what I'm used to. I'm curiuos to see just how they work. The 30 taper tool holders are so small compared to the cat 40 we have. We don't expect to have both machines in full production for about 6 months. The learning curve looks to be really steep. Our programmer is going to have his hands full even getting one of them running. I'm fairly happy I'm just going to be running the Fadals. I'm told these things move incredibly fast and they is zero room for error.

Thanks, it will definitely expand my capabilities. I'm trying to think of a product I can make and not be a job shop again. I already have a full time job with good benefits so I just want side work to make a little cash and give me something to play with.

They started moving everything yesterday, and when I got my mill this morning they didn't have the brother machines in place yet. They were supposed to be in place by end of day today, and hooked up next week.

The brothers are so totally different than what I'm used to. I'm curiuos to see just how they work. The 30 taper tool holders are so small compared to the cat 40 we have. We don't expect to have both machines in full production for about 6 months. The learning curve looks to be really steep. Our programmer is going to have his hands full even getting one of them running. I'm fairly happy I'm just going to be running the Fadals. I'm told these things move incredibly fast and they is zero room for error.

Yea they are fast. Let me know when Jason’s wants to get rid of the rest of the fadals.

This morning i went and visited couple of car breaker yards, not many of them have vehicles this old and because the lada nivas keep their prices not many are junked, so buying some interior and exterior trims, glass and interior plastic is impossible but i had some luck finding some from older fiat, lada being copy of fiat design they interchange also some interior parts from lada sedans will fit also so i bought some, it is surprising how cheap new and used parts are for them, anything that is not niva specific is euro cents.
IMG_20181025_154805.jpg

Yea they are fast. Let me know when Jason’s wants to get rid of the rest of the fadals.

I will let you know. I know Jason told you 6 months but don't hold your breath on that. It's taken 8 years to get the Brothers. We were also supposed to get a new building.

I will let you know. I know Jason told you 6 months but don't hold your breath on that. It's taken 8 years to get the Brothers. We were also supposed to get a new building.

Haha yea I feel you. Well I’ll be going on a deployment in a bit more that 6 months so hopefully he either gets rid of them sooner or decides to wait a couple years.

82664d8d9ea4bc04086ecbe6eaf931f1.jpg

Finally got the pellet stove installed in the shop. Got it from a friend of the family who was upgrading...I couldn’t find a “What Did You Get for Free Today?” thread! I’m in a T-shirt building my workbench for the Atlas of which the wood is from 8 foot long hardwood pallets (also free):

85c31e4ba14a5da76b53b080f5355b31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking workbench! And I'm sure the stove is an absolutely vital addition up North where you are. Congrats on both.

Great looking workbench! And I'm sure the stove is an absolutely vital addition up North where you are. Congrats on both.

35F and rainy? No problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back