2018 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got one of the Brothers put together and running today. Turns out I will be learning how to run it. They tried teaching one of my coworkers but I overheard the guy doing the training telling my boss that he has the IQ of a turnip. So along with running 3 other machines I'm going to run and supervise the Brothers. These things are very complicated. There are some handy things it can do, but it's hard to find them when you are used to an older control.

We had to make 3" risers for the vises, and we tried to touch the tools off the presetter but we are also having to make risers for them.

I'm gonna have my hands full from now on :(

View attachment 278813
View attachment 278814
View attachment 278815
View attachment 278816

Maybe they will grow on you. I hear good things about them.

Got a nice, complete set of keyway broaches from the auction site for $116 delivered.
Also got a HF band saw. Don't know why I didn't get one sooner...
cf53cc401ec1ba4f02c78562eb9ed1cc.jpg

I would have to double check, but I think I have that same set, along with a set for smaller size broaching. I got the, both from an auction a few years back. The big set was missing one bushing, that I was able to find one close enough on E-bay. Both sets got oiled, and put on a shelf. I just know, one of these days I will need one. :rolleyes:

I've been needing couple small parts for the little Lada niva i'm repairing, so i vent scrap yard to scrap yard and bought all these small parts like, door handles, switches, light bulb sockets, Lada specific wire connectors, ground wires, engine mounts. Also pick this spare tire, this been off road toy i'll need spares. All those parts that i pick up today price up to couple hundred bucks new but i pay only 20$ for all of them, not bad.
IMG_20181105_161358_1.jpgIMG_20181105_161632.jpg

Today after work i stopped by a flea market to look for some off road parts or accessories for the little Lada Niva i was looking for a towing winch but could not find one, but did found this controller, i plan to run wiring and connectors to both bumpers and have tow hitch on both bumpers. It was really cheap and come with a long cable and connector, good trip.
IMG_20181105_161639.jpg

Brown and Sharp Indicator and stand. The indicator is a bit stiff in its movement but I really brought it for the stand and accessories anyway.
IMG_8442-002.JPG
IMG_8457.JPG

It came with what is described in the catelogue as an "Angular base stop" and a "Plain base stop", can anyone give me some direction at to how they are used.
IMG_8449.JPG
IMG_8450.JPG

1542003652147.png

I'm not able to figger out how the indicator base (second photo) would mate up with either of the stops. Does it have a T-slot on the underside?

Anyway, I'll assume you can attach either of the stops under the base. Now assume you want check something for parallel to a dovetail. The dovetail stop has two round-end "fingers" that can align against the angle of the dovetail. Slide the base along the dovetail, and the base will remain parallel to the angular face as it's slid along.

Likewise, the plain base stop can be placed to ride inside the T-slot of a mill table, with the flats against one side face of the slot, to check that something is parallel to the T-slot.

At least, that's how I interpret the descriptions in your last photo. I don't have such a tool, and have never used one.

A local machine auction ended last week with many good tools. Was fortunate to acquire a Pratt & Whitney Supermicrometer G2100 model A for $100.

Picked up the unit this morning and was surprised with the size and the weight. The tool is heavy (100lb).

By end of the week, I will have Pratt & Whitney 1” round standards to set the micrometer propert before taking measurements on components ($100).

C9A97375-CC5C-4514-B47A-DCEB01254D64.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back