2019 POTD Thread Archive

Impressive that you're motivated to get back into your shop. Stay strong.
Thanky TJB
The cancer aint gonna get me , It's my wife that is tired of me being in the house that will get me first.
Right after diagnosed with cancer and actually thinking I could die from it I rushed to finish a scratch build of a Marlin 1889 lever action repeating rifle.. I know nobody that can finish my gun projects.. I build my own guns for competition .. Is there a forum here where I can show some of my rifles?

Thanky TJB
The cancer aint gonna get me , It's my wife that is tired of me being in the house that will get me first.
Right after diagnosed with cancer and actually thinking I could die from it I rushed to finish a scratch build of a Marlin 1889 lever action repeating rifle.. I know nobody that can finish my gun projects.. I build my own guns for competition .. Is there a forum here where I can show some of my rifles?
Post us some pictures. Loads of gun enthusiasts here that I'm sure will appreciate seeing them.

Regards,
Terry

Thanky TJB
Just saw Jim's post for the gunsmithing forum - obviously the right place.

Regards,
Terry

I am being treated for two types of cancer for longer than a year now and it has kept me out of the shop - I cant think and hardly have the strength to walk---- and I had forgotten about this group.
I am presently making 20 of something -tool and die work-... I don't even know what they are although I have made them before. Worse , I having a tough time remembering some details of using autocad and my cnc mill . And I was good at all of this before the chemo infusions..

AW- I didn't realize you were a member here. I thought so highly of the wisdom of your tag line on another forum that I chose Dulltool as my screen name.
Your projects always have been top-notch. You are in my prayers.

Aww now thank you dulltool , I really appreciate the sentiments, but the praise needs to go to go to those still active and getting it. My time has come and gone.,, My shame is my wife wants to go fishing. I cant afford a nice bass boat unless I borrowed the money..Dang

Well I’m still looking forward to those Marlin pics there, Mr Wolf. Not that I know anything about guns, but if Dulltool says you do good work I believe him!

-frank

Well I’m still looking forward to those Marlin pics there, Mr Wolf. Not that I know anything about guns, but if Dulltool says you do good work I believe him!

-frank
Okay Frank
This is a new 'puter and I don't have the original pics on it but I will make new ones and post them.. I do nice work.. My .45-70 black powder highwall required 17 weeks of work. I built it per a set of drawings that were all wrong so had to correct as I went. Plus the drawings of the double set triggers were terrible so had to completely redesign them.....The result? The best shooter at my club has asked to inhrit that rifle when I croak.I have no heirs but it's weird to have a man 2 years older than me ask to inherit one of my rifles..

This thread seems to have gotten into a pig smoker thread. I am sorry that happened but will say that I never built such a thing but certainly admire it.

Back