2019 POTD Thread Archive

Today i wanted to take a break from body work, so i started on the exhaust, i can buy a factory system but they are really undersized and low quality, the header has two 40mm pipes that unite in one 36mm pipe. This been a weekend toy i don't want to spend money on new parts, so i went thru some of my spares and gethard some that will do the job, then i unbolted the last part from the exhaust manifold, the plan is to keep the two pipes and make a new collector to run 63mm pipe to the first resonator, then 60mm to a muffler, then 58mm over the rear axle to a back box, i'll need to make all new hanger also and a few flex joints or flex pipe, also i'll weld in a bong for a O2 sensor, i also did managed to wire wheel and paint the engine shields.

Built a small stock rack. I don't do as much full-on woodworking as I used to, and even when I did I didn't use a lot of sheet goods. But it seems one always has to have some around, even if it's just for making jig bases or something. So I made this little rack to replace the old converted sawhorse one I've been using for the last twenty years.

It's small enough to force me to keep my inventory low, and also be versatile enough that I can move it around if I need to. The two pockets on the back are just to make use of the back side of the structure but not in a way that it still couldn't back onto a wall or something. I always seem to hang on to thin off-cut sticks of stuff, so the vertical pockets will absorb a portion of those. That's the plan anyway, how it plays out in the end is anyone's guess.

Thanks for looking!

-frank

Built a small stock rack. I don't do as much full-on woodworking as I used to, and even when I did I didn't use a lot of sheet goods. But it seems one always has to have some around, even if it's just for making jig bases or something. So I made this little rack to replace the old converted sawhorse one I've been using for the last twenty years.

View attachment 287931

It's small enough to force me to keep my inventory low, and also be versatile enough that I can move it around if I need to. The two pockets on the back are just to make use of the back side of the structure but not in a way that it still couldn't back onto a wall or something. I always seem to hang on to thin off-cut sticks of stuff, so the vertical pockets will absorb a portion of those. That's the plan anyway, how it plays out in the end is anyone's guess.

View attachment 287932

Thanks for looking!

-frank
Nice job!

Small lathe project making some spacers for my Toro 21" single stage snowblower. The rubber paddles have some spacers to hold them position in the middle, that I had forgot to move over when I changed the paddles on it (I noticed/remembered when I was doing the paddles on my other snowblower). I looked at the old paddles, and the spacers were missing from them as well (so they either fell out in my garbage pile due to the cold, or I had forgotten about them the last time I replaced the paddles).

Anyway, made some new ones from 1/2" rod.

Today i'm back sending on the little Niva, i put on a small coat body filler and sended it back in couple of spots on the trunk lid and rear arch, the wheel arch needs more work but i wanted to seal it with some anti corrosion primer, that is the black primer, then i follow it with the hi build primer, the grey primer i put on couple of coats and did managed to smoke myself out of the garage.

The little Niva is really starting to shape up. Are there any 4-wheeling/off road groups in Macedonia? Mike

The little Niva is really starting to shape up. Are there any 4-wheeling/off road groups in Macedonia? Mike

Thank you mike, there are few off road clubs, and being a mountenst country we do have the terrain for off roading, this will be a change for me, as all my other vehicles are cars.

I made a hydraulic downfeed for the bandsaw. I originally was going to do the downfeed I saw in the Machinist Workshop magazine but decided to go with a different design as I already had a few cylinders and didn't want to spend to much time with this project. I saw this design and thought I'd make one. I'm having a difficult time bleeding the air out. I'm going to take the check valve off and plug that bottom port as I see no reason to have it other than the bypass in the flow control valve not being able to move enough fluid when raising the saw quickly.

Back