2020 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built a MGB from a pile of parts off separate cars. The factory car wiring, gauges, and lighting was simple and well done, and everything had separate grounds back to the battery, not using the unit body as the ground path. The Lucas starters and generators were a different story, needed to carry spares and tools and work clothes with me to keep them working.

OK, this one is embarrassing...
Someone here has a Sig that says something along the lines of 'remove the safety labels and let nature take it course.'
I relocated a 30x60 workbench to the center of the shop a few weeks ago.
On it I have mounted one of the 8" florescent magnifier lights. And of course since I suffer from FSS the top is a bloody mess.
Late yesterday afternoon I was sitting my chair enjoying a cerveza as the sun was beaming in the side door.

0605201938e__R.jpg....0605201938__R.jpg

Position shown is not where it was when the sunbeams first started coming in. :cool 2:
Glad I was sitting on my arse and noticed it.

Let's have a little fun. If you have a clean joke to share, post a way. Remember no politics.

Here is my contribution.

Travel Plans!

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone. I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there. I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work. I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore. I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often. I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm. Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older. One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age, I need all the stimuli I can get! I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country that was in. It's an age thing. They tell me it is very wet and damp there.
I've been in Describable, there just aren't any words for it. . .

I've been in Credible... it was awesome.
Also was in Dispensible for awhile. I thought they'd never let me leave.

Speaking of flicker and dim, we had an IFF write up on a Phantom. IFF does not operate in OFF position.

I have an old US army manual for motorcycle riders where in the chapter for how to fall from a motorcycle there are two drawings.
One with the guy laying with arms and legs outstretched and the motorcycle laying on its side some distance away.
The other has him in the same position with the motorcycle laying across him.

Does it say which position is the right way to do it? :oops:

Tom

:laughing: yes, and we took great delight showing that American motorcyclists needed instructions like that. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back