2020 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
OM,

Nope, North of the Mason-Dixon. Good old central upstate NY. I was actually surprised to see there was more than one ratchet strap used.

Another point is, its not actually like they used a good car, its a Chrysler product, a Concorde.

I went to college in Maine, in Bangor, spent 3 summers, with relatives in Camden, ME and have been known to drive 7 hrs, one way to get a piece of homemade blueberry pie, at The Maine Diner, in Wells, ME. I’d love to move back to Maine, the wife is solidly against it, says I’d have to alone, maybe another reason it looks so good...........

No, it's a 300M

Maybe he didn't want to go in that Hole and was trying for that gravel road just above. :p

I can't believe I left the Army for this...View attachment 330352
Overweight sailors has been a problem for years. But remember eating "K Rations" versus a typical mess deck has a lot going for it. GI beans, GI gravy, GI wish I'd joined the Navy.

Looking closely, both arrows are pointing down. Meaning the tunnel was "one way"? And a set of headlights deep inside. I would call it a good decision to use a "run-away" lane.

I have no idea what you mean. :big grin:

Years ago, it was a common practice to use a lightproof basement with "Sodium HID" fixtures on a 6 on, 6 off cycle to get the extra growth cycles. Underground:Basement:?

It may be one way but I have never seen traffic signs facing opposite to traffic flow. The signs appear to indicate speed limit and no truck passing but I can't place the color scheme. It does look like there is an approaching vehicle but it may be an emergency vehicle. There is a good section of guard rail that was taken out as well.

The colors are off. This is in Germany, probably moving away from the Rhein past the Deutsche Weinstrasse into Rheinland-Pfalz. The tunnel is part of a wildlife conservation effort where wide greenways allow deer and migratory animals (like frogs in that area) to cross over the Autobahn and major roadways safely. This one is a one-way tunnel, as most are to conserve build height. The truck driver is most likely not a truck driver anymore.

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club when a cell phone on the bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk.

Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN:
“Hello!”

WOMAN:
“Hi Honey, it’s me. Are you at the club?”

MAN:
“Yes.”

WOMAN:
“I’m at the shops now and found this beautiful leather coat. It is only $2,000;

is it OK to buy it?”

MAN:
“Sure, go ahead if you like it that much.”

WOMAN:
“I also stopped by the Lexus dealership and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked.”

MAN:
“How much?”

WOMAN:
“$90,000.”

MAN:
“Okay, but for that price I want it with all the options.”

WOMAN:
“Great! Oh, and one more thing. I was just talking to Janie and found out that the house

I wanted last year is back on the market. They’re asking $980,000. for it.”

MAN:
“Well then go ahead and make an offer of $900,000. They’ll probably take it.

If not, we can go the extra eighty-thousand if it’s really what you want.”

WOMAN:
OK. I’ll see you later! I love you so much!”

MAN:
“Bye! I love you, too.”

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment,
mouths wide open.

Then he turns and asks, “Anyone know whose phone this is?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back