2020 flu shot

The response was likely due to your already having been exposed to one or other of the strains of flu in the vaccine.

Interesting...

I had a flu shot twice, once in the Army and once when I started working in a hospital and never again. Laid out coughing up phlegm and wishing to die for over a week each time. A reasonable diet, basic hygiene and plenty of fresh air year around works for me.

I scheduled my moms shot for next Tuesday. I usually skip it but not this year, I’m getting mine at the same time.

I got real sick after a smallpox immunization. Also "enjoyed" all of the side effects from seven anthrax shots. I haven't missed a flu shot in 20 years, those ones are easy. I like having a Swiss army knife of antibodies.

had the flu and pneumonia shot no problems.

I got the 2020 flu shot as did my wife, no reaction except a tiny bit sore for a day. I also got my second Shingrix with no reaction. I will say my arm was a bit sore from the first Shingrix but from what I understand it's a very small price to pay. I have been getting flu vaccines every year for 20+ years, I haven't gotten the flu and the worst reaction I ever got was feeling a bit lousy for a day.

I've gotten flu shots regularly over the last thirty years because of my wifes employment. Last year I ended up at home two days with a fever and all the good stuff that goes with it. That was the first time it was like that. I did get the flu several years ago and don't care to repeat that again anytime soon. I will get my shot this year soon so here's hoping it goes better this year.

Being in healthcare field for many years, it was almost the default that I would get a flu shot annually, unfortunately one year I developed Guillain-Barre syndrome with fairly significant paralysis, I subsequently avoided taking the Flu short the last 20 years. My wife an I rarely get sick, but now that we are north of 65 will need to reconsider. I recommend Shingrix for most people, it is very active and the chance that one gets Herpes Zoster increases as one gets older. Make sure you get both Shingrix vaccine doses.

I got real sick after a smallpox immunization. Also "enjoyed" all of the side effects from seven anthrax shots. I haven't missed a flu shot in 20 years, those ones are easy. I like having a Swiss army knife of antibodies.

Ah yes the anthrax shots. I had a series of 5 and they made me extremely sore and tired.

The smallpox was not bad. Some guys got real bad as we didn’t shower for 2 weeks after.

Back