2020 flu shot

Strange, we self monitor temps, and today I was 98.2F with a no touch scanner, IR I guess, about 7-8 O'clock I could feel a difference, and checked 100F, same scanner. Irritating...

I was told that if you are over 65 the shot is stronger than for everyone else. Could this have been part of the cause?

You know, I have seen the over 65 flu shot, but never asked what it was about. I just thought it was odd today, but thinking back about when I have been sick, that in the evening time something was different, I'm not sure why a fever would come, and go...

I've been getting them since the heart attack back in '07, luckily never had a reaction.
But back a few years, I think it was '17 - I got nailed by the flu at the end of September. The week before I had a Dr. appt for a checkup and to get the shot - figures, doesn't it?
Gads it was a tough bout. BP went to h*ll, dehydrated, pounding headache, it took me down hard.
Time before that was in 1991, and that was a bad trip also.
Never have had the pneumonia shot - that I know of.

We got ours a couple of weeks ago, no reactions thankfully.

You know, I have seen the over 65 flu shot, but never asked what it was about
What if I told them I was 65 and really only 64? Is it terminal?? :)
I did get the shot again this year. No reaction, not even a sore arm.

Oliver, do you get the flu every year, or just a "cold"? I still get colds but they seem kinda mild Dayquill/nyquill cough, and sniffles, but can usually still work.

Getting mine tomorrow. I have been getting it for the past 10 years or so.

Oliver, do you get the flu every year, or just a "cold"? I still get colds but they seem kinda mild Dayquill/nyquill cough, and sniffles, but can usually still work.
It might just be a cold, I am not sure really. I read some bad stuff about those vaccinations, is something of that true?

Everyone has an opinion, you are not given a live virus in the shot. Everyone's immune system is different, and some have reactions, some do not have any at all. There is one speculation on my shot this year that I may have had a bug before, and something in this shot was recognized by my immune system, and mobilized against it. I will still take 2 days of being sick, and getting over it, than 7-10 days miserable sick, and another 7-10 days recovering from it. If you are in the age group, consider the flue shot, and the pneumonia shots as well. I will not be doubling up on the next time I need a pneumonia shot though :cautious:

Back