2020 flu shot

I got the shingles about 15 years ago, when I was in my early 40's. They were not diagnosed early, so I got the nerve issues, they were terrible, and would come back every few weeks. About 5 years ago, I got a shingles shot, and the nerve issues cleared up, and have not returned.

As far as the flu shot, we get them every year. I never had any issues, but about 3 years ago, my wife got sick for about a week. We think she already had a flu, and the shot may have turned her imune system on high alert reacting to all the types they have in the shot, that it let the flu she already had, take a better hold then if she did not get the shot. Just our theory.

I'm just letting my immune system take care of me. The big push on flu shots is overrated in my opinion
since the strain of flu given in the shot may not be the strain you come in contact with. I'm sure I could
get a flu shot at no cost but prefer to pass, not to mention that they want to administer a heavy duty shot
if one is older...:rolleyes:

My Dr has even given up asking me to get a flu shot. I had one about 35 years ago and 2 weeks later was the sickest I have ever been in my life with the flu. I have not had a flu shot since. That bout with the flu was the one and only time in my adult life I got a flu shot and it was also the one and only time in my life I have had the flu. When I talked to my Dr about it, and of course they always point out it is a dead virus and it can not make you sick, But what my Dr agreed does happen is that while your bodys imune system is busy fighting and making antibodies for the dead virus, it will allow a real virus to sneak in the back door while your immune system is looking the other way. I am in my 60s now and will continue strait on this path till the road makes a turn.

Did you see on the national news this morning they gave October 31st as a deadline for getting a flu shot?

They paint a dire picture of the virus combined with the flu this year.

I got mine a few weeks ago, no problems thankfully.

I normally don't get one but this year when I took my mom for hers I got one too. No reaction other than my arm being sore for a day or so where they injected me.

There are always anecdotal stories of people who apparently had a bad reaction and I cannot dismiss anyone's actual experience. But this stuff is based on science and I'll go with science just about 100%

Just like masks and handwashing it might not be perfect, but it's the best we have right now :encourage:

John

Remember the immune system is in the gut and if it's out of whack ,bad things will or will not happen. Take your D and zinc and a probiotic which will work better than vaccine. Also watch out where they jab you as some are hitting too high up near shoulder causing a reaction in shoulder.

Back