2021 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'll confess. This is what the sink looked like originally - just a blank plate, possibly covering over what would have been a safety overflow. But I just couldn't resist a bit of whimsey. The outlet's a dummy, sealed over with silicone on the back to prevent water leakage.View attachment 374186
I walked into a shop on Mozambique and saw the below which I snapped a picture of.

This is in a shop just above goods that customers handle and buy.

c741254c7b9444272da5f43f9f955700.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back in the late '70s I got a call to visit a ship in the port. It was Greek petroleum tanker. they were having problems in the engine room. On arrival I was directed to the Ch. Engineers cabin/office. He then took me into the engine room where we discussed the problems with a couple of the other engineers. I was able to advise them how to solve the problem, which of course required the company to spend some money.

However the main comment on this thread was that when the CH. E. and I returned to his office I noticed that as he switched on the light, he just twisted two wires together. It dawned on me that this ship was an absolute mess and some of the things I had seen in the engine room began to make sense. The bottom line was that they had no money.

I discovered over the years that this was quite common on not only greek ships but quite a few others.

You think that you got it bad. What about Superman? There are no phone booths for him to change.
Funny that you mentioned a phone booth. There is a working pay phone at the gas station up the street from my home. No booth, but a working pay phone. Only one I can recall seeing in years.

I have a desk handset and if I hold the handset just right, the feedback creates a loud, high pitched squeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back