2021 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, please tell me this is not real. This goes beyond stupid.

That is like the wood cutter that got his first chain saw, couldn't produce any more wood that before, when he took it back to the shop they started it up to check it and he asked what the noise was.

I use to think of these as jokes only, but NOOOOOO, it is a scary world out there and they are breeding.

OMG, please tell me this is not real. This goes beyond stupid.

That is like the wood cutter that got his first chain saw, couldn't produce any more wood that before, when he took it back to the shop they started it up to check it and he asked what the noise was.

I use to think of these as jokes only, but NOOOOOO, it is a scary world out there and they are breeding.
How stupid can you get.jpg

re: prairie dogs

Our shop at Malmstrom AFB was semi remote (former missile shop). Several guys were avid fly fishermen and practiced from the loading dock. Some one was dared to hit a prairie dog with split shot. By golly he hit'im. Some of us less talented, a slip noose was place around the hole. Some months later, an EB-57E taxied by the shop while some one was "fishing." Both helmets turned toward the shop just as our fisherman got a hook up. The slip noose method causes a 4 foot high rapid ejection and 8-10 feet of slack line. Now the helmets are bobbing with laughter.

3 days later, a base wide memorandum from the Base Commander was issued, The topic was abusive behavior toward local wildlife, specifically prairie dogs. Just can't trust officers to keep a secret.

BTW, it was catch and release.

It was an O Club hot topic, which got to the ears of Mrs Base Commander. Never under estimate the power of a military wife.

For the uninitiated, prairie dog fishing is easy, fun, and profitable. Just get yourself a good deep sea fishing rod and real. Use about a foot of steel leader (they’ll bite through the soft stuff) and a good treble hook. Bait it with a piece of greasy pork or cheap bacon (prairie dogs are carnivorous and love pork when they can get it) and cast it out into the middle of the prairie dog village. They’ll run away at first, they’re pretty skittish, but after a short while the smell of the pork will get to them and they’ll start inching towards the bait. Be patient, any movement will send them scurrying back to their burrows. After a bit, one of the braver (or hungrier) little rodents will run out, grab the bait, and stuff it in his mouth. Being the greedy little critters they are, he’ll take off running and swallow the bait whole to keep it away from the others. Give him plenty of line and time to get up a full head of steam. When he’s swallowed it and is running full blast, set the brake and yank back on the rod. This’ll pop him inside out and you’ll have a nice fur lined moccasin. Keep fishing and once you have a nice pair for yourself, you can sell the rest to the tourists.
I don't know if you are serious about the fishing part but that is just damn cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back