2021 POTD Thread Archive

Gaffer

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I think you’re referring to the scattershield. It’s visible in the first photo. It’s still on the trans.

It’s basically a bell housing on steroids in case the clutch comes apart.

73 Cuda is a good looking car, i'm looking forward to seeing some more progress. What are the plans to have it ready for the summer?

Headway on the vise brake today.
Got the "V" cut and the slot in the bottom as well.
Tomorrow I hope to get the other side machined for the vise lip and holes for the magnets.

Attachments

• DSCN8209.JPG
    DSCN8209.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 36
  • DSCN8210.JPG
    DSCN8210.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • DSCN8211.JPG
    DSCN8211.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I have about 150x 1" x 1" aluminum rounds that I need to cross drill and tap. I've already drilled them on my CNC mill, but it isn't set up for tapping. Today I made this jig to hold 4 pieces in my drill press vise and a tool to set them vertically into the jig.

IMG-8379.jpg

IMG-8380.jpg

I have about 150x 1" x 1" aluminum rounds that I need to cross drill and tap. I've already drilled them on my CNC mill, but it isn't set up for tapping. Today I made this jig to hold 4 pieces in my drill press vise and a tool to set them vertically into the jig.

Is there a plan for how your vice is going to grip all four parts at the same time?

Is there a plan for how your vice is going to grip all four parts at the same time?

They were all cut to the same length on my lathe. If I have to I’ll throw a chunk of plywood between the rounds and one side of the vise to help equalize the clamping pressure.

New day new problem, the clutch cable on my 605 that i fix few weeks ago snapped again. I was expecting this to happen but it should lasted a bit more. Now all the shops are closed and the new replacement i've order is still in france. I'll be driving the 607 for few days, till i can get one made or the OEM arrives.
IMG_20201231_120456.jpg

One of those hobbies I've had for my entire adult life is making fishing rods, and they're always coated with epoxy. I use a rotisserie motor to turn them. They're slow motors but fast enough to keep the finish level as it sets. I run the rods overnight, more or less, and the epoxy sets up enough to not run any more.

The drawback for your use is that it can only handle one rod at a time, while yours holds eight. I've never needed to be concerned about throughput since I build one rod at a time for my wife or me. One rod every few years.

So, how do you do yours in comparison?

Back