2021 POTD Thread Archive

Went for a ride on the atv, was a little too cold for the puppy so she got to stay inside. Inside my coat that is. Coming home down the highway her face must have gotten too cold, pulled her head inside for the rest of the trip.
DSC_0431.JPG

Greg

I repaired a part for a tank. A cop friend bought a tank a few months ago. I think he said it was a Sorenson. This part is for the belt tensioning device on a hydraulic pump that runs the brakes and steering.
I measured the length of the original shoulder, then removed 1/4", put a1/4"×1/4" hole in the end of it. Machined the end of a 3/8" bolt to be a pressed fit into it. Then mig welded them together. The area where the weld is, is in the 1/4" that I machined off so that it wouldn't be removed to cut the shoulder back in.
Super strong and self aligning! 20211211_123640.jpg20211211_125449.jpg20211211_145121.jpg20211211_150157.jpg20211211_150539.jpg

Since my shop is on long term delay due to building a house for my parents on our property, I've decided to put the time to good use by learning solidworks. For a first project, I'm just doing chess pieces, then printing them on my 3d printer.
20211211_204614.jpg

I've heard the police were getting a lot of military hardware, but a tank? Guess I better pay those outstanding parking tickets. :grin: Mike

A TANK!?
I wanna work on a tank…
Or a fire truck
Or a space ship
Or the Bat mobile
I can just hear me when the neighbor comes over with a busted $2 whatever off his daggum lawn mower “Sorry, I’m too busy!, I have a tank to fix”
He is an interesting guy. He has a train car, a fire truck, and now this tank.

around here there was a guy with a half track, a tank, a large military truck (super large).. one day I was at the ice cream place checking out the cars at the car show and the grass on the farm was about 5-6 feet.. maybe not grass, I hear the noise but can't see it. Then the grass gets pushed down, The half track comes out, it's got a cannon on it.. (probably disabled).. surprised the crap out of me...
I found out about his large number of large vehicles later one when the grass was taken down. he stopped in for ice cream while I was spying his collection, and said stop on by, which is when I saw that he had many more military vehicles, he collected them. most were in excellent shape. Said he restores them to good useable condition.. but not perfect, they are meant to look used. Every once in a while I would see one of the road worthy ones at the Flemington town wide car show..

There used to be a yellow Chev pickup around here. It had tandem axles and was built on a deuce chassis. Pretty cool. Hope it got better than the original fuel 'economy'.

Today i had a busy day at work but i found some time to get some work done in the garage. First was white elephant No: 2 the one on which i change the engine during the summer, it had a coolant leak, i change the o ring on the coolant sensor and it was fine. Then i did some cleaning in the big garage and parked the white elephant No: 3 There is lots of thing to fix on it but i started with the most annoying one to pull all the tint from the windows. The tint was too bad it was like looking thru water. The front bumper is really bad and i plan to take it off so i can deal with the rust and fix it. I plan to make a thread for it.
IMG_20211128_143227_1.jpgIMG_20211130_183622.jpgIMG_20211130_183633.jpgIMG_20211129_184804.jpg

Back