Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought it was Found On Road Dead...
F***kin' Ole Rebuilt Dodge

Wife swears by Fords, but drives a Dodge. I had a Chevy DuraMax diesel for company use. As in it was registered to the company but I used it 100%. The Chevy would probably outrun a Dodge diesel. But I truely believe a Dodge diesel would outpull the Chev, even with a (slightly) smaller engine. For literally climbin' trees at remote cell tower locations, I had a Ford 250 SD 4WD (gasoline) that would climb the tower if I ever needed to.

It all comes down to what is the most demanded of a truck. For brute force overload capacity, I think I would go with a Ford. Not very fast, but with a house on the bed, it would still go. I have seen many Chevys with a bucket truck mounted, I should say Chev seems to be the choice for Altec buckets. My brother had an International with an Altec retrofitted. Conceded, the International was a little bigger than an F-450 Ford, and wasn't all that fast. (non-turbo diesel) But it would go places and do things none of the others would even attempt. I had a friend that used a 3500 Dodge diesel to move 5th wheel trailers across state lines. I never saw him coupled to a 40 ft box van, but have seen him pull a 35 ft flatbed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back