2023 Pass Around Box Mega Thread

vtcnc

Admin
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This is the thread for 2023 Pass Around Box. Go here if you want to play the game!

If you played last year and want to play again, I have pre-populated all players from last year on this link to the current player list. Check back here often to see who has joined and when it is your turn. PM me if you don't want to play this year and I'll remove you from the list. New players to the game should click the link above and sign up.

There are some changes to the rules this year, please be sure to check out the sticky to make sure you are up to date.

I will kickoff this year's thread with a post of the first haul of the year - so sign up soon!

Last edited:
Ok - here is my haul!

1682197222740.png

A slitting saw arbor, was jazzed about that for a project I have coming up. An MT3 dead center, went to use mine a couple of weeks ago and it was completed corroded. Also someone put a 3/16" cutoff tool in there. Thanks! I have a real janky setup on mine and this will be interesting to see how much better a real tool works. A little t-handle thingy for hex keys, a keyed switch washer (which I dropped and lost one a few weeks ago - score!) and a tool holder that I probably won't use for a tool holder but as a piece of stock for another project I have in mind. The stickers are cool too!

I removed a fair number of tools from the box on my turn that were either broken or seemingly beyond repair - or I have seen them two or three times already. I did a little tidying up in the box and put my additions in before closing it up.

For those of you new this year, there is a film canister and some tooling in one of the compartments that is used to make repairs to the press nuts around the flange, please do not take these for your personal use or remove them from the box. If you do happen to take them out of the box please make sure they go back where you found them.

@Brento, I think you are next! PM sent!

Last edited:
Nice haul!
That "little t-handle thingy for hex keys" I believe it is really an add-on handle for Kant-Twist style clamps, but I suppose it could work for hex keys as well.

Nice haul!
That "little t-handle thingy for hex keys" I believe it is really an add-on handle for Kant-Twist style clamps, but I suppose it could work for hex keys as well.

Oh sweet even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to work down the list to someone who is ready. Cadillac is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just starting to wonder about this also. I will have to start looking around for more cool things to add to the box.

I’m waiting anxiously!
OK, I'm a bit surprised but the box came back to me today. I asked the mailman what he think happened and he didn't have much to say after lugging the beast back to my porch. He thought maybe it was lost with a shrug which doesn't make sense I don't think it would have been returned but it has been out for about a week and half - so for some reason it got turned back around. Maybe it was weather related or something. I feel lucky it came back.

The box is in good shape, so I don't think it saw any abuse and the carton was mostly intact. A few tears and abrasions. Otherwise I'm kind of at a loss as to what happened.

@Cadillac, can you confirm your address in a PM to me? He didn't say the address was wrong but I want to confirm with you at least, even though I'm positive I have it correct.

Back