2023 Pass Around Box Mega Thread

What does the tracking say? I ordered something and waited a long while. I asked then about it and they said it just came back to them "return to sender". I confirmed the address with the seller and have no idea how/why it got returned as it surely wasn't me. I've had fairly good results with USPS but i fear that between being too busy and budget cuts the service will suffer even more.

Way back in our eBay selling days, we had something like this.

Sent an item to a bidder using a box from work.

A few days later, it arrived at work.

They delivered to scratched out address on the wrong side of the box.

Put a blank label over that and drop it in the mail, and it got there fine.

If the return address is in the wrong spot on the right day, maybe.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I have had many where the postman keeps delivering things to the wrong address. Have even complained about it but still happens.

I have had many where the postman keeps delivering things to the wrong address. Have even complained about it but still happens.
That’s why I signed up for Informed Delivery a few years ago: can track USPS packages & letters easily. Several times a package has been “delivered” but not to me. Each time the local Postmaster was able to identify where the package was scanned as delivered and had it picked up and handed over to me (one of the advantages of living in a relatively small town). It has also been interesting to follow shipments as they go several states out of the way before getting to me.

Glad to see that it has been found and back in the system.

Overall the USPS has eventually gotten it done for me. Some times they are a bit slow but it gets there.

Counter people are never happy when I set this box on the counter in a way that hides its weight, I even got chewed out for putting the USPS "WARNING HEAVY" stickers all over it, until they tried to move it.

I did have one package that was only going 90 miles as the crow flies, from Chicago to Milwaukee. That package (USPS small flat rate box) went on a nice vacation and did not even invite me along. First it went to L.A. spent a couple days there. Then it must have taken a cruise ship that took a week to appear in Honolulu, It spent a full week in Honolulu and then went to Seattle for a couple days, from there it went back to Chicago for a couple more days. and finally arrived at my house, very tired from all the travels.
On the same day as I ordered this part I also bought a part from Germany, The part form germany was in a box 4' x 6' by 1' (yes feet) It arrived in my hands in less than 48 hours from the time I clicked the pay key. to the time it was in my grubby little hands.

Do you have any tracking info on the box. I’m still waiting anxiously!

So, this exchange took a month!!??
For going how far??
Gotta be record for the USPS!!
So much for "Priority" mail, huh?

So, this exchange took a month!!??
For going how far??
Gotta be record for the USPS!!
So much for "Priority" mail, huh?

Not exactly.

This was the third try. The first time it came back to me after about a week. With no explanation. I sat on it for a few days and then some life events took over so that was the longest delay. The second time it came back, I got some sort of weird explanation from the post master about “screening” issues. I think the box got flagged but I just didn’t get a straight answer and quite frankly the post master didn’t really seem to be concerned about looking into it. It was very strange.

Third time is a charm as they say, I’m just glad it landed where it was supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back