285 days to retirement

FWIW , I got my second Maderna shot yesterday , talking about taking the punch out of ya . :rolleyes: Felt like crap all today , couldn't get motivated to do anything and can't lift my left arm . It was a beautiful day here and feeling bummed that I didn't accomplish a darn thing . :confused:

I could have retired 4 months ago, but I am staying on another 10 1/2 years. I need 4 years to pay off the tools that I have, another year to buy a big mill, & I want to go to welding school which is quite expensive (just the tuition is $20K). I might have to live in a van (down by the river LOL) for nine months when I go to welding school.

The spending money part is going to have to change. We have a good monthly income planned but that doesn't mean we have to spend it.
Bringing in less money is kind of scary. The unknowns are always a worry.
My mom and I were talking about her situation. She is still living independently and wants to as long as possible. She is getting weaker all the time.
I know she trusts me to do the right thing. I have full access to her financial accounts in the event she can no longer take care of these things.

Financially speaking, moving her into a senior home where she'll have her own apartment and access to meals, hair, nails, laundry, etc. will be about double than where she is now.
She says, I don't want to spend your inheritance. I say, I don't want you to either mom. We'll keep you as independent as long as possible (smile)
I know we all go through it. It's a learning curve for us.

My mother-in-law is 87 years old, and she lives with us. She is an angel & I really love having her here.

My trouble is my body hurts . 45 years of standing on concrete , climbing ladders and stairs , crawling under machinery , working at un-obtainable angles , having heavy objects drop on me , etc have taken their toll . Bad feet and toes , seperated shoulders , torn Rotator cuffs , knees with no whatever any more , fingers that do what they want when they want , eyes that can't see within the range I always work at , couple of stents in the legs . Other than these issues , I could go on for another 40 years . Of course , I could also be letting the tractor do the work and just put the deisel into the tank . When you see my equipment on here for sale ( which it is ) , you know I'm planning something real soon . No Jeff , not a contract worker yet , still full time , still 12 hour nights , still on the weekends .

My mother-in-law is 87 years old, and she lives with us. She is an angel & I really love having her here.
Whew, we've talked about having Mom live with us........ I think she would drive my wife and I nuts.
I know we should ask her to stay with us when she can no longer care for her self. Difficult choices!

Whew, we've talked about having Mom live with us........ I think she would drive my wife and I nuts.
I know we should ask her to stay with us when she can no longer care for her self. Difficult choices!
My two older brothers went the other way around. They've both been living with my parents almost their entire lives. Now my oldest brother is ready to retire when he turns 65 and is still living with mom.

I'm so proud.

My two older brothers went the other way around. They've both been living with my parents almost their entire lives. Now my oldest brother is ready to retire when he turns 65 and is still living with mom.

I'm so proud.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to respond to this??
I can see why you are so proud.
Family get togethers must be interesting.

I heard a pastor explain that the afterlife is spent with your family for all eternity. I don't know whether he was referring to the Up or Down direction... but I guess it's on a case by case basis.

I'm sorry, where was I... back on topic.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to respond to this??
I can see why you are so proud.
Family get togethers must be interesting.
Sorry. I guess I meant to say I'd take my mom in a heart beat and yes, she would make us nuts. We'd be even though because I was probably a horrible kid. Fortunately she lives in her own home with two of her adult children to take care of her. I probably should be greatful for that.

Back