2x72 grinder?

I like the one Jeremy Schmidt built that swivels from vertical to horizontal, but I admit I can't think of a really good reason to use it horizontally. I do think having the ability to quickly and easily change from a platen to a contact wheel would be awesome. Of course most designs do that.

You mean the tracking wheel?
That should not be the drive wheel.

the TW-90 adjust the tracking by canting the motor drive wheel.

It really shouldn't matter.

"But if that doesn't matter why not just build one out of square tube steel for $10.00 vs purchasing/building a NICE grinder"
these are the thoughts rattling around in my head. what makes the high end grinders worth the extra effort/cost.

I'm fine with going the extra mile if their is merit in it. BUT I am kinda lazy if the end result is null why go the extra mile have a doughnut instead :eagerness:

I guess it shouldn't. That is a nice looking grinder that TW90.

I like the one Jeremy Schmidt built that swivels from vertical to horizontal, but I admit I can't think of a really good reason to use it horizontally. I do think having the ability to quickly and easily change from a platen to a contact wheel would be awesome. Of course most designs do that.

Very impressive build for a young kid. We need more like him in today's smart phone glued to your hand population. Mike

I like to believe. We would have more like him. If more had the advantage of having access to all the tools and work space this young guy has.

Of course a long with this things. One must have drive and will to accomplish goals.

I had parents who instilled drive, work ethic and taught me about having goals and whatnot.
I remember as a kid, hearing my dad come home and rushing to shut off the TV set. I didn't want him to see me doing nothing.
It was my parents. I was very lucky to have great ones.
I guess my point is, where are these great parents.
Sorry off topic.

I own a tw-90. Was it worth the money? Yes. Is it the best 2x72 out there? I think so. There are many very good grinders out there, but Travis made a grinder that just works better than any other one that I've seen. The tracking is spot on. I've never been able to lug the motor. It just works, perfectly.

I own a tw-90. Was it worth the money? Yes. Is it the best 2x72 out there? I think so. There are many very good grinders out there, but Travis made a grinder that just works better than any other one that I've seen. The tracking is spot on. I've never been able to lug the motor. It just works, perfectly.

DW Bentley Thanks for the reply, have you ever used any other grinders. and what do you think makes this grinder work better than the others. the tracking setup, the rigidity, the design, all the a fore mentioned.

I'm just trying to decide what actually makes one better than the other and be sure to incorporate that into my design I can build a tw-90 clone. as most on this forum can but id kinda like to design my own.

Thanks again, Danny

All of the above. The tracking is outstanding. It's very easy to track the belt right where you want it, and it'll stay there. I had a Oregon blademaker grinder before I bought my tw90. I've run a b3 and a kmg.

Back