A hand held drill chuck that doesn't s*%k

Also, for what it is worth, I recently purchased a Milwaukee 18 volt Fuel drill. I HATE the chuck on that damn thing. Drill bits always come loose and you have to stop and re-tighten, that is if the drill bit didn't already fall out onto the floor.

Yup, common problem on the 1st & 2nd gen M18 Fuels. I put a 3rd gen Fuel chuck on my 2nd gen Fuel. Feels like I got a whole new drill. So disappointed in MW that I even had to change the chuck. If yours is still within warranty, contact MW, they'll upgrade the chuck for free.

That looks nice but is also a lot more expensive. I'd go with the one you linked because of price. Or maybe look for an actual Jacobs brand. Should be much cheaper than a Rohm.

IMO $80 is not worth it, you could spend a bit more & get a brand new drill. They often go on sale for $100 or even less at big box hardware stores

Will, what chuck for my Fuel?

Will, what chuck for my Fuel?

M12 or M18, 1st gen or 2nd gen? It matters since they changed the thread size. Or better yet, what's the model #?

I'll look when I get home, it's an M18, I'm at the airport till 21:30 our time.

Checked my purchase Hx
Milwaukee M18 1/2 in. Drill Driver 2803-20 New (Bare Tool)

Checked my purchase Hx
Milwaukee M18 1/2 in. Drill Driver 2803-20 New (Bare Tool)

That's the 3rd gen Fuel (latest model). The 1st & 2nd gen Fuels had the chuck issues. You shouldn't have any issues with the chuck. I have the chuck from that model on my 2nd gen Fuel now. I've had no problems with it unlike my stock chuck.

If you do have issues, should still be under warranty (5 yrs) & MW will replace it.

My friend used a pipe wrench on it, so it may not qualify, plus if it's sticking now, I'd like a better chuck.

Back