A Project Quest

Had to look up where Mark lives cause I go out to Marienville, PA evey 4th of July weekend for a pig roast. And that is 420 miles from me.

A surface grinder will find you grinding tools precision dimension grinding, surface finish grinding, grinding heat treated material without annealing, and any number of things . It will become a go to tool in a hurry.

"Billy G and Mark"

Very interested in this. A surface grinder is slanted to be my next purchase...but now.....I'm watching with eager anticipation!

I am excited to see what you guys build! I am going to have to ignore this thread for a while as the suspense is killing me! That way I can sit down and read through the thread top to bottom at one time. Looking forward to it guys!

All members are welcomed to participate in this. All comments are welcomed, especially those that see what we don't.

"Billy G"

Sorry Ralph, wish I could. The material in HSM is protected by copyright. The last thing in the world I want tro do is to start a rucus with them. In a few more days I should be able to let you see the new design.

"Billy G"

This will be interesting for sure. I was toying with the idea of converting my poor X2 CNC mill to a (very) small surface grinder. But, in the last couple of weeks, I realized that I would be able to restore and re-motor the little guy as a more powerful version of its former self.

It may be that I can adapt your design to something that will fit in my shop. Definitely watching.

Mark,
I know I looked it up on mapquest. PLace I go is right off the main road in the center of Marienville. We usually ride the bikes in on Thursday and leave for home Sunday. This year I will be trucking my bike in because we have an evening wedding on Thursday and will be driving into Marienville at night. I will ride back with the guys and my wife will follow in the truck.

For now all posts are OK. Come Friday I will cull those that do not pertain to the build. It will then be moved to "Your Moderators at Work", and the build will begin Monday with the wooden mock-up to see parts fit-up. We will discuss each part at that time and why it was changed or added. All ideas for improvement will be acknowledged. None will go unanswered.

"Billy G and Mark"

The motor for this project has to just be the right one. Right Diameter, Right shaft diameter, Right Rotation, etc.. Thanks to Jake Parker aka "jjfabricator' we have them. Thank you so much Jake. You saved us mucho looking.

"Billy G and Mark"

Back