Adjustable Plywood Led Lamp From Scraps

Did you make upside down cake out of the pineapple? Stirred fried mushrooms also go good with a beer, too.
Hey silence dogood,
no sir , but i'd eat pineapple upsidedown cake any day of the week and twice on sunday, given the chance.;)
i agree, i'm a fan of a lot of different eats!

So when will you post the teriaki garlic chicken recipe, so we can make our own light?
Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

Hi Jake, always a pleasure.
i'll post the recipe-Right here, right now, good sir!

1 cup of your favorite brand of teriyaki sauce. ( i like veri teriyaki (kosher) sauce- not for religious reasons- because it's good!)
1/2 can of pineapple rings- reserve 1/2 juice and 1/2 pineapple by volume( i'll tell you why in a second...;)
2-3 (or 5 like me) cloves of garlic- peeled, chopped
1/4 cup butter or margarine
black pepper to taste
sea salt to taste
sesame seed
juice from 1 lime
1 cup shallots, or 1/2 of a large onion of your choice
mushrooms to taste- i like mini portobello (thickly sliced) and a lot of them- 8 oz
1/2 cup White Wine of your choice, i use $10 a bottle white- but it makes little difference
4 boneless/skineless chicken breasts (any 4 large pieces of chicken will do, or even 12-16 wings!)

in a large skillet or dutch oven moderate hot, melt the butter/ margarine
add shallots or onion, stir until shallots/onion loosens but still has color
add garlic, salt, pepper
add mushrooms as the shallots/ onion turn translucent
slightly reduce heat , cook for 3- 5 minutes covered
add white wine upon opening the skillet, de-glaze the skillet/ dutch oven.

prepare a crock pot (high heat) or oven(oven 300*F)
put 1/2 of the pineapple slices at the bottom of the crock pot
(put pineapple wherever you can in the dutch oven)
add 1/2 of the reserved pineapple juice
add the lime juice
place the uncooked chicken in the crock pot, on top of the pineapple rings
add the contents from the skillet evenly over the chicken, if you used the crock pot
if you used the dutch oven, you'll add the uncooked chicken to the dutch oven and pineapple then you'll baste the chicken pieces until generously coated.
add sesame seed to taste- i like a lot
close up the vessel and set it on it's way
the crock pot will take 3 hours from start to finish
the dutch oven will take about 4 hrs at 300*F

now for the other pineapple juice and fruit
place the remaining rings and juice in a blender
fill 1/2 the blender with ice
add 1/2 cup vodka (optional, use grape or apple juice instead)
add lime juice to taste
add a shot of Cointreau (optional- add more lime juice or a shot of orange juice instead)
splash of soda
blend
drink that.:beer:

while you are steaming the vegetables(carrots, cabbage, broccoli)
and making the rice,
do me a favor, enjoy the experience!

Last edited:
Damn, Mike, I think you are even more frugal than I am, and that is really something special... 8^)

Hi Bob, thank you,
i'm coming more to be aware and appreciate the waste of modern man, myself included.

my amusements are only a small symbol of what can be made from modest materials that we may otherwise toss away.
consider, if only for a moment, if we were able to reuse in some way, 1/4 of what we may throw away.
our landfills would see dramatic reductions, and other useful things can be made.:tranquility:

And from the modern art category:

CIMG2443.JPG CIMG2445.JPG

Daytime running lights Led and 12 volt. Real bright and not hot. Have them in my blast cabinet also.

Where do you guys (rgray and derf) manage to purchase the black plastic covered flex tube to mount those lights on? I can find flexible conduit, but the problem is that it is TOO flexible and will not stay put. Maybe I am looking for the wrong stuff?

Back