Air Nailers

CJ5Dave

Registered
Registered
I need an air nailer to put together armadillo traps. They are primarily 1 x 6 pressure treated, some 2 x 2 pressure treated in there. I had a Harbor Freight nail gun that was a 6 in one nailer. It would do several angles and sizes, clipped or unclipped. I had some 2 1/2 nails that worked fine for this use, but it is shot. I bought another framing nailer, but it will only do 21 degree full head 3 1/2 inch I have used my trim nailer that uses the little wires with no head, not really impressed with those for this use. what size nails do I need, and I will find the correct nailer for them. Looked at Harbor Freight today and they have mostly finishing nailers and staplers.

I was able to buy used/reconditioned USA made air nailers, price was good, quality great.

I thought I might hit the pawn shops but not sure what size/model shoots the nails I need. Maybe 11/2 to 2 inch full head.

Ryobi has a battery powered nailer. I LOVE it.
The problem with the air powered one (which I love in the shop) is dragging the hose around. A major PIA when you have a handful of nails to shoot.
You can get them at a discount at:

For what I am doing the air nailer is great. Wish Harbor Freight still made the 6 in one. I would rebuild mine but they don't offer seal kits.

For what I am doing the air nailer is great. Wish Harbor Freight still made the 6 in one. I would rebuild mine but they don't offer seal kits.
Most of the rubber parts in your pneumatic tools are available and most of the time it's only a couple o rings

I never used a nailer, even when roofing my way through the 90s. I only used a remote control hole punch. I think the CZs are the best, but Glocks are reliable.

It has some hard plastic sealer wrings, kinda like piston rings. Harbor Freight does not show that it stocks parts for this model, but I have the parts book. I guess I need to call them just in case. It’s probably a copy of somebody’s name brand..

Back