Air Nailers

That seal lasted about 50 nails. I imagine I could keep making them till I got one right. I ordered the Bostitch #N70155 and it arrived today. It was a little small but I put it in boiling water and slipped it on. Working for today anyway. A guy on Marketplace listed 4 nailers for $40. 2 work, 2 won't. One looks like the blue Harbor Freight job. I asked him if that was a Harbor Freight and if that was one of the working ones. Of course he wont answer.

I need an air nailer to put together armadillo traps. They are primarily 1 x 6 pressure treated, some 2 x 2 pressure treated in there. I had a Harbor Freight nail gun that was a 6 in one nailer. It would do several angles and sizes, clipped or unclipped. I had some 2 1/2 nails that worked fine for this use, but it is shot. I bought another framing nailer, but it will only do 21 degree full head 3 1/2 inch I have used my trim nailer that uses the little wires with no head, not really impressed with those for this use. what size nails do I need, and I will find the correct nailer for them. Looked at Harbor Freight today and they have mostly finishing nailers and staplers.
For what you are doing I would use my screw gun and short deck screws...

I have always built them with deck/drywall screws and an impact driver. If I do several it is slow and makes my arm hurt. It takes $5-$10 worth of screws to build one, and I have a lot of 2 3/8 framing air nails on hand.

Back