Air Tool Whip Hoses

I understand what everyone is saying, but the reason to have the whip is not to eliminate fittings. It is a softer , more flexible hose. Much more flexible than regular air line hose. It eliminates the stress and tension of the air hose when using the tool, especially when doing delicate work or long period use. I have one on my die grinder that I bought in 1985, but that tool company is gone and I can't find these anywhere. It is a rubber hose with a soft braid on the outside. It is smaller OD than air line hose and much more flexible. Oh well...... I will keep looking.

You might look at hose use for air brush's. They are braided and smaller in OD and are very flexible but don't have the swivel fitting the whips have.

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Airbru...qid=1448292640&sr=8-1&keywords=air+brush+hose

the last guys beat me too it...airbrush hose :encourage:

Thank you guys. I never thought of air brush hose. I am going to look into that. There are a hundred listings for whip hoses online, but all they are is pieces of regular air line. That defeats the purpose and is not what I was looking for. Air brush hose would be much closer. I don't really care about those fancy swivels on a chunk of airline. It is the soft flexible hose I was looking for, much like I had many years ago. The airbrush hose will be excellent if it is good for 120 psi.

Mark, I know the ones you are talking about, My last one went south this last year, I have not found or seen any in a while, I also like them, They are more like a cloth covered piece of soft 1/4 hose but would still handle up to 120PSI or more. I also wish I had some as some times trying to get into a tight spot with the normal hose is a pain, where these were simple to work in. I have air brush hose and most of it is not rated to go that high it is also just a bit smaller than what the old whips were.

If you find any post it so the rest of us know where to get them. (those of us who remember them)

Just check the psi rating of air brush hose. Most air brushes run on 45psi or less. And the id is only 1/8".

My friend runs flexzilla hoses on his framing and roofing tools. They are small with a braiding around/in them that you can see quite clearly. They are very flexibleand not too expensive. I saw them sold as 50 and 100'ers with ends installed. They could easily be cut down though. They don't carry enough air for my taste, but if it was just a short piece, not 100', you would probably get what you want. Worth a google to find out which big home improvement stores carry them, and a trip to the store to check them out.

Back