An Apology

Are we suppressing speech? I've toyed around with the idea of proposing a political sandbox here on H-M, just so those of you who need to can scratch that itch.

No... please, just... no...

Nothing turns friends into enemies faster than discussing politics... it would spill over into the other areas of the forum...

"I could help that other member, but he's a __________, so I'll just keep my mouth shut" all the way down to screaming matches about non-political topics would result... we've all seen that on other forums, please don't bring it here.

As I have stated before, I have my own political opinions... I don't need anyone else's.

-Bear

As I have stated before, I have my own political opinions... I don't need anyone else's.
Well said.

I have one additional thing to add to @Eddyde and @vtcnc

When we moderate we try to use a very light hand - that is to edit / delete or change anything with least possible impact. (although it is often easier to delete a post than rewrite it to take out the problem). We often discuss how to keep things friendly and on-topic without disrupting threads or causing greater backlash.

The moderators show restraint and try to show respect for everyone on the forum, whether we personally agree with a post or not.

Back