Another obligatory New PM-833TV and PM-1340GT Ordered!

Care to give an initial impression?
Just an FYI on un-crating your 1340. You can leave the slats on the top of the box in place if you like. Just pull the bolts off the box around the bottom perimeter and lift the box up and off the pallet.

I called Estes today, and they gave me the number for their "Last Mile" division, so I called them, and the automated response pointed me to a different tracking webpage. It appears that my delivery appointment is between 12-4PM today, although no one called me to set that up. Luckily, I have been work from home for 19 months now, so let's see if my 1340 shows up today!

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.45.11 AM.png

By 3 no delivery so I called. Customer service said 4. Waited till 5 and called back. They called the driver who said he or she was a bit behind, and would be here within the hour.

nobody ever came. At midnight the website updated to this…

52D0C2D7-87E6-4B3B-AB83-027BB70E31B8.jpeg

This kind of thing has happened to be a few times. In addition to the inconvenience, the bigger issue is that the crate goes back to the terminal where it's offloaded, shuffled around in the warehouse, then re-loaded for delivery the next business day. Any time a crated machine is off- and on-loaded at a terminal, there is potential for it to be dropped or otherwise compromised. I recommend you take your time inspecting the delivery before signing off on it. Here is an example of a $40K panel saw at my local freight terminal a few years back. Granted it was poorly crated, but there have been a couple examples this year here on H-M of well crated equipment that were clearly dropped from a significant enough height to fracture cast iron components. I hope you don't have any issues like this.

35521380426_e584456d6f_c.jpg

So now the tracking page has abandoned all references to a window of delivery possibilities. They better have not broken my damn machine…

D7A8F42E-2D76-49A1-A10E-DCD919D24F91.png

Back